i aint mad atcha
Jun 16, 2008
Dr. Bob, You never answered my question, but I'm keeping my cool. I realized that if I really am worried enough to be here asking a question, that I should gather up the strength to finally get tested. I decided I would go first thing on Monday (today is Sunday and all clinics are closed, I already checked).
I have been so sick with anxiety recently and "convinced" that I am positive that I think getting tested will be the only thing that will help me. I am driving my family crazy. I don't think I can tell them about my fears, but they think I am severely depressed.
So many of my recent "symptoms," (night sweats, diarrhea, dry mouth, my hands tingling, 1 year after exposure), I am aware could be actual HIV symptoms, but are also common with anxiety. My panic and "symptoms" landed me in the emergency room last night. I had a CBC done, everything normal, but I am also aware that a CBC does not indicate whether or not I am positive.
At this point I am aware that none of my symptoms will be fixed on there own without getting tested!
If I am positive, you will be hearing from me! If I'm not, I'm going to be so thankful for what I have and I"m going to leave my anxiety behind.
Anyways, I would say thank you, but I'm not sure if reading your forum has done me more harm than good. ;) I'm kidding, I really do thank you, for you have made me so much more aware of HIV and it's transmission. Wish me luck.
-Not discouraged yet.
Response from Dr. Frascino
Hello Not Discouraged Yet,
1. " . . . I realized that if I am worried enough to be here asking a question, that I should gather up the strength to finally get tested . . . ." Agree!!!!
2. "I have been so sick with anxiety recently and 'convinced' that I am positive that I think getting tested will be the only thing that will help me." Agree!!!!
3. "So many of my recent 'symptoms' . . . are also common with anxiety." Agree!!!!
4. ". . . a CBC does not indicate whether or not I am positive." Agree!!!!
5. "At this point I am aware that none of my symptoms will be fixed on their own without getting tested." Agree!!!!
It seems that you and I think a lot alike!!!!
Good luck with your test. I feel a major WOO-HOO coming your way.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- HIV Infection Risk Urine
- Should I Get Tested After Protected Anal Sex?
- Touching Anus Should I Get Tested
- What Are The Chances Of Getting AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Itchy Rash After Vaginal Sex Without Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Runny Nose After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.