Apr 18, 2001
Have HIV transmission occur when Vaginal Fluids come in contact with the Penile Shaft? In my situation no penetration occured, but my penis came in close contact with her vaginal fluids. Some of the fluids may have come in contact with the head but no penetration. This occured during foreplay with no intercourse.
Response from Mr. Kull
If you read through information in this forum and The Body about HIV transmission, you'll see that HIV is not transmitted through intact skin (meaning skin that doesn't have any open sores or wounds). The skin on the shaft of the penis does not provide HIV with access to the cells of the immune system. Without access to the immune system, HIV cannot cause infection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Testicular Pain An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Bloody Pee After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Painful Ejaculation After Condom Broke Anal Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.