follow up to is this unusual

3 1/2 months ago i emailed and asked that after 4 elisa tests out to 8 1/2 months if i could consider my tests conclusive given that i have had 2 sculptra sessions and had loss of lean muscle mass in legs. you felt that my tests would be conclusive unless there were extenuating circumstances like hiv-2. i checked and my tests covered hiv-1 and 2. i took another test @ 10 months which was negative. during this test i had a fever, sore throat, night sweats. i tried to accept the 10 month test as conclusive but as it stands now i will have wasted away if i don't find out what is causing fat loss from my face and muscle loss from my legs and veins appearing on my arms.Would you still consider my test conclusive or should i test again. if this is indeed hiv i would prefer treatment to try and maintain what body i have left. i owe you a donate to your foundation which is forthcoming.

Yes, I would consider your repeatedly negative HIV-1 and HIV-2 tests out to 10 months definitive and conclusive. As I indicated before, I do not believe HIV is your problem. I certainly would not recommend antiretroviral therapy without concrete evidence of HIV infection! There are many other medical conditions that can be associated with fever, sweats and wasting. Continuing to perseverate on an illness that you don't have, based on irrefutable and overwhelming evidence, is counterproductive in terms of getting to the real cause of symptoms. I would start with a complete medical exam with a competent internist. If he cannot identify the cause of your symptoms, he should be able to refer you to the appropriate specialist (based on the results of your laboratory tests and physical examination), who will be able to evaluate, diagnose and manage your problem. In other words, don't get hung up on HIV. You could (and likely do) have an entirely differently underlying medical problem. Unfortunately, I cannot diagnose what that problem is over the Internet. However, proper evaluation should be able to elucidate the correct diagnosis.

Thanks for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated.

Good luck. Write back and let us know what the more extensive evaluation reveals, OK?

orasure accuracy question... please respond.
only 17 years old and feel like my life is over...