que?

Dr.Bob, what's going on? Before, when someone were to have a rapid HIV test outside three months, you'd reply with "Hiv is not your problem. No way. No how!". Now, you're not so sure. "I don't think you should get tested again. But it's always available". What gives doc. Do you know something we don't about the reliability of the things? I had sex about 3 years ago with a ton of people, then recently, I had a rapid and you told me things were all dandy and I should be in good shape. I even took another type of rapid test and it came back negative as well. I'm trying for a kid now. Should I listen to my Doc and take the regular Elisa? He told me rapid tests were all bull and were inaccurate (only proving to be true 50% of the time).

Take care Dr.Bob,

JJ

P.S. I know you can't diagnose much on the net, and I understand that but will always appreciate your generosity and help. I'm just concerned for my families well being, that's all. I'm still trying to donate on a regular basis so, that'll never stop. Once again, thanks.

Hey JJ,

Relax, I haven't changed my opinion on rapid HIV test results one iota (whatever the hell an iota is). Please note, I need to respond to each questioner's concerns individually and everyone's situation is indeed unique. Occasionally there can be extenuating circumstances. (Don't even think about asking me to list each and every last possible extenuating circumstance.) If you want to be reassured of my absolute consistency in responding to concerns about rapid test results, I suggest you read all of my responses pertaining to this information. A quick search reveals there are about 2,000 entries, so pour yourself a nice cup of coffee or buy a few Red Bulls to have on hand as you plow through this redundant information. Once you've finished, I'm confident you'll agree my opinion and advice have not changed. Your recent negative HIV test following "sex with a ton of people" three years ago is definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how! Additional HIV testing is not warranted; however, of course it is always available, OK???

As for your doctor, who continues to spout off completely inaccurate information (rapid HIV tests are only accurate 50% of the time!?!?!?), I'd suggest on your next visit you tie him down and tickle him senseless until he promises to go to an HIV refresher course to update his shocking lack of knowledge about rapid HIV tests. Please note if rapid HIV tests were only accurate 50% of the time, they obviously would be completely useless, which is exactly how I'm feeling about that physician of yours. Oh, and on second thought, you better not do the tie-down-and-tickle-senseless tactic. I have the feeling he may enjoy that sort of thing and start spouting off even more nonsense in hopes you'll give him another session.

Thanks for your donations to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). They are warmly appreciated, JJ. Now stop worrying and start WOO-HOOing.

A Doctor Fingered me in his office
Donation sent