Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Thanks for Your Reply Yesterday, and Donation Sent
Jun 13, 2008

Hey Dr. Bob -

Thanks for your message yesterday. I had indeed seen several responses from the archives, but (and I'm sure you hear this a million times a day from correspondents) I felt my particular case was just different enough from other folks.

Sorry to have diverted your time, but I just want you to know (and I know you hear this a million times to) that your expert eye, and just taking a moment of your day to address my situation has brought me a ton of comfort. I know that a remotely-given opinion doesn't replace a conclusive test. But, it does assuage the fear, and that is a first step.

I see lots of people on this site offering $100, $500, $2000 and more to you if you will respond to them. Sometimes it smacks of people hoping that if they pay you enough, it will get them the response they want. I imagine some of those people never follow-through. Well, I just wanted you to know that I sent through $50 this morning, and I'll look to send a little more when I get paid this month.

Thanks for your time, and keep up the good fight.

Cheers, SJ1

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi SJ1,

Thanks for your thanks and for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). Both are warmly appreciated.

Your guess about all those pledges to donate is right on target. Most of them are thinly veiled bribes from anxious folks desperate for answers. The vast majority of them, of course, never follow through on their promise. That's OK by me. Donations to my foundation or other tax-exempt charitable organizations should only be made in the spirit of true generosity and compassion and with a desire to help those in need. Offering money (that you never intend to send) merely to try to encourage me to answer a question is disingenuous. I would also assume this type of dishonesty is also a way to rack up some bad karma with the higher powers! Certainly the donations, when they are made, are warmly appreciated, but they do not influence which questions are selected for posting. My advice on this site is not for sale. It's freely given and available to one and all, whether or not they support my foundation or other HIV/AIDS causes. SJ1, I'm pleased you found the information provided helpful.

Be well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
NEED YOUR ADVISE
Next
risk? (MOSQUITO, 2008)

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.