I forgive you Doc :)

Hello Good Sir,

I've posted numerous questions and never received an answer. I understand you receive a plethora of questions, so I'll let it slide ;)

However, I would like to let you know that I just tested negative at 2 months. And while I know that isn't definitive, the woman I have being seeing that caused my whole HIV scare, tested negative after her last exposure with a male of unknown status after 83 days.

Now, unlike some posters on this board, I know you can't get HIV from somebody that doesn't have HIV. I am woo-hooing all over the place.

I'd like to let other posters know that I experienced a ton of symptoms. All of which were generated by my high levels of anxiety. Yes, I know symptoms are unreliable at detecting HIV, but I understand they certainly do not help.

I have gained a lot of information perusing the archives and reading your answers. And for that, I thank you so much Doc.

I know you don't need my endorsement but you are doing a wonderful thing.

Thanks for your time!

Congratulations on dodging the HIV bullet. Thanks for your forgiveness. Not all posters who don't get a personal response are so gracious. (See below.) I'm also delighted you "gained a lot of information perusing the archives." YEAH!

Thanks for your thanks, your understanding and your endorsement!

Be well!

hey doc (WHY DONT YOU ANSWER MY QUESTION) Feb 27, 2008

hey doc,

i've been writing you many times, apparently you ignore my questions.

do i have to pay to have an answr??how much? anyway fuck you

Hello Mr. Potty Mouth,

See below for an archived post addressing why some questions are selected for response and posting and others are not.

Should you decide to ever contact this forum again, I suggest you begin with a sincere apology or I'll have to wash your mouth out with soap young man.

your are a fraud and inconsiderate person (WHY DONT YOU ANSWER MY QUESTION) Feb 6, 2008

Dear Doctor. I wrote yo you several times in the past and during the present and i never recibe an answer from you. That i why i asumme that you are a complete fraud. I just think that you are no more than a resentful person and i doubt that that all the questions and answer that are writen in your page were real.

You never "recibe" an answer so you "asumme" that I'm a complete fraud. Well, you can assume and believe whatever you like. However, I am responding to this post, which just might put your egocentric, misspelled hypothesis into question. I'll repost something from the archives that hopefully will help you realize I cannot personally respond to each and every question, as I receive literally thousands from throughout the cyber-universe on a constant basis. I do, however, read all the questions that are submitted. Chances are the information or reassurance you are searching for is already waiting for you in the archives, which you have not taken advantage of, just as you have not taken advantage of your spellchecker icon on your computer.

If and when you do write back may I suggest you begin with a sincere apology?

getting no answers (WHY DONT YOU ANSWER MY QUESTION?) Dec 15, 2007

hi Bob,,l come to this site daily trying to see if u`ve kindly answered my question.All l get is disappointment as people who have asked after me have gotten theirs answers.thats all. thanks

I'm willing to wager that on your daily visits to this site, which end in frustration and disappointment because I haven't responded to your individual question, you may well have overlooked questions already posted that address your concerns. For example, this question about not getting a specific response from me has been addressed many times before. See below for just a small sampling! I suggest you read those archival posts and follow the advice given, i.e. check the archives, make sure your question makes sense, etc. If after doing so you still feel your question warrants a specific response, please resubmit it, OK?

"Questions most likely to be answered will be those of general interest to a broad group of visitors to this forum". Sep 15, 2007

Have a doubt regarding this line.I have been asking a question six times with a lot of mental agony and depression pinned to it,and waitinf for an answer. It hasnt been answered yet, so Im just wondering WHO decides whether my question is "rare", the computer?? Maybe Im expecting too much from a website, but yours looks like the best and for me the only place to get an answer.I have no choice, Im not in the United states where aids is just another disease..with a lot of support groups,meds n stuff.We are not that lucky,doc.We need your answering more,its critical.

Who decides? I do! Please note I receive thousands of questions on a continuous basis from throughout the cyber-universe. I can only respond to a very small percentage, because there is only one of me and gazillions of "yous!" I do read every question. If your question has not been answered, chances are I have already addressed similar concerns in the past and the answer or reassurance you desire is already waiting for you in the archives. Another reason for not getting a personal response is that the question is too hypothetical or incomprehensible. You mention your question has been asked "six times with a lot of mental agony and depression pinned to it." Please note I'm not a psychiatrist. If your problem is mental agony and depression, you may well need the help of a mental health practitioner, not an HIV/AIDS specialist. I urge you to use the archives and also to review the question you are repeatedly resubmitting. If after doing that you still feel your question warrants a personal response, the best I can offer is that you try to resubmit your question, perhaps clarifying its intent.

Finally, as a person living with HIV in the United States, I can assure you AIDS is not "just another disease" here.

Why you don't answer questions... Jun 20, 2007

Over the years I've submitted so many questions, but they've never been answered. Sometimes the irrational part of my thought process thinks it's because the question might be too borderline to give a good answer, so you err on the side of not answering at all. For example, I recently asked a question about a friend passing me a glass around the rim with his dirty, fresh from the bathroom hands, and i I wondered if urine, blood and whatever he might have touched on the surfaces, door handles, etc, and then I had to put my mouth on the rim of the glass and I had a cut in my mouth where a molar tooth is coming through. Was I at risk? And when I didn't see an answer, I wondered if it might have been too borderline to answer? Please help. Maybe other people have the same fears when their questions go unanswered?

Over the years you've submitted so many questions, but they've never been answered????? Hmmm . . . well, let's see. You want to know the HIV risk of a friend passing you a glass touching the rim with his dirty, fresh-from-the-bathroom hands. You're concerned whether urine, blood or whatever might have touched the surfaces of door handles and then on to your friend's hands and from there on to the rim of the glass and from there into your mouth, which might have had a cut or perhaps a molar tooth coming in . . . . Hmmm . . . and you really wonder why I might skip over "so many questions" like these???

In addition you ask, "Maybe other people have the same fears . . . ?" That one I'll answer. Nope! No one is quite this neurotic.

ANSWER ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oct 27, 2003

Doctor, I demand an answer to my question! I've asked it multiple times before over the past month and still you have not replied. Why not? I've waited long enough! It's my turn and I demand you answer my question about that whore who sucked me off. Tired of waiting, Mr. X

Excuse me, but you "demand" an answer? I'll bet you were an only child growing up, always used to getting your way, right? OK, here's your answer, but it may not be the one you were anticipating:

1. "Whore" is not polite or politically correct. Let's just call them "virginally challenged" pleasure professionals, OK? 2. This forum is not a delicatessen where you can march up to the counter and demand service. It's not your prerogative, and no matter how long you've waited, you just many not get a "turn!" 3. I have no way of back searching the thousands of e-mails that come flooding into this forum, so I have no idea which question you are even referring to. 4. This forum is dedicated to HIV-positive folks who have questions about fatigue and anemia. Being "tired of waiting" for a response doesn't qualify. You'll need to submit your blowjob questions to the Safe Sex/HIV Prevention Forum. But before you do so, I'd suggest you check the archives, as chances are quite good you'll find a similar question that has already been answered and posted, particularly if it involves nob-slobbing "virginally challenged" pleasure professionals.

Hi Doctor Bob Jun 17, 2007

I have ask 2 diffrent question at 2 diffrent times, But I never get a responce. Is there a reason? Did I upset someone at The Body by asking my question? If so could you please let me know. That way I will stop asking questions. I just found out in Sept 2006 that I am HIV positive and I am still learning about HIV through reading etc.

Upset? Nah, it takes a lot to get us upset. The reality is that I receive thousands of questions on a continuous basis from throughout the cyber universe. Unfortunately I can only respond to a small fraction of them. Why? Well, do the arithmetic. There are billions of you and only one of me. Honey, believe me, I'm typing as fast as I can.

Let me make several quick points about your post:

1. Since you are confirmed to be HIV positive already, are you certain you are posting your queries to the proper forum? This forum deals with safer sex/HIV prevention.

2. Often we skip over questions that we've already addressed in detail previously. Have you searched the archives for the information you desire?

3. All HIV-positive folks should be under the care of an HIV specialist. That specialist should be ready, willing and able to address any and all of your concerns.

4. Since you are relatively newly diagnosed and still learning about HIV, I would encourage you to peruse the basic information that can be easily accessed on The Body's homepage under "Quick Links." There you will find sections including "Just Diagnosed," "HIV Testing Basics" and "HIV Medications" among others.

5. Finally, if after availing yourself of the wealth of information on this site and searching the archives for your specific concerns, you still have a specific unanswered question not adequately addressed by your HIV specialist, I would encourage you to resubmit your question. OK?

Good luck!

no reply Dr Bob???? Aug 10, 2007

Dr Bob, i sent my question a few times and havnt had a reply??? i even made a donation not for a response but bc i believe in the cause.

I receive thousands of questions on a continual basis from throughout the cyber universe. Unfortunately I can only respond to a small fraction of them, no matter how fast I type, as there is only one of me and gazillions of yous! I do read all the questions submitted. If I have not responded to your question, there is probably a reason. The most common reasons include:

1. I've answered similar questions previously and the information or reassurance requested is already readily available in the archives.

2. The question is not understandable.

3. The question is too hypothetical.

I would suggest you review your question to see if any of the above three conditions might be the cause for your not getting a response. In particular I encourage you to search the archives! Once I read a question, if I choose not to respond to it for any reason, I do not go back and review it again, as there are way too many new questions piling in on top of it. So if after reviewing the above, you still feel your question deserves a reply, the best I can suggest is that you resubmit it.

Finally, thank you for your tax-deductible donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation. As I have frequently stated, donations do not influence which questions are chosen for posting. My services here are free and available to all, whether or not they chose to make a donation to my foundation. Donations to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation should be given only in the spirit of generosity, compassion and a desire to help those in desperate need.

Thanks for your understanding.

BOB PLEASE I SEND IN A MILLION TIMES BUT NO REPLY Mar 23, 2003

Dear Bob,I have been trying my luck sending in post like gambling in vegas but to no avail.So I just wanna try the last bet to see if you would see it.Few days ago,I was french kissing a street walker and she perform oral sex on my penis behind the carpark.Now I am overwhemled with this sort of anxiety which is not right and I regret my foolish actionswhich made me wanna cry when I think of this.Ok so I did cry in the dark but that doesn't make my worries but only more stress and worried. I am planning I MUST GO FOR A TEST AT 12 WEEKS BY HOOK OR BY CROOK.Can you tell me something which will ease my worries like am I high risk or do I need a test so on ... By the way you did a wonderful job Bob and hope you continue helping people like us . WORRIED WELL PEOPLE.

PS:I ALSO TOUCH HER RIGHT BREAST AND A CONDOM WAS ON AND INTACT THROUGHOUT THE EVENT

Hello Worried Well Person,

Well, you may not have sent your question a "million times," but you did certainly send it repeatedly over and over again in rapid succession. I tend to delete these "mass mailings", because they clog up my mailbox. Again, all you mass e-mailers (and you know who you are!), please don't send the same question over and over and over again, as it actually decreases the likelihood I'll answer it. OK? You've been warned. Folks, if I don't answer your question in a week or 2, and you can't find a similar post in the archives, just resubmit the question again at that time. OK?

OK, now following that public service announcement, its back to you, Worried Well Person. If, as you state, "a condom was on and intact throughout," then your chances of contracting HIV are exactly zero - zilch, zip, nada. HIV cannot pass through a latex condom. Second, French kissing carries an essentially negligible risk, and touching her "right breast" carries no risk. (By the way, why only the right breast? Was something wrong with the left?) Stop crying, stop stressing, and stop sending the same question over and over again. If you had read some of my previous posts, you would already know I don't believe HIV testing is necessary or warranted for French kissing, right (and/or left) breast touching, and/or oral sex with a condom (behind the car park or anywhere else for that matter). If you want to get tested, fine. That's totally up to you. Twelve weeks would be the correct time for it.

I hope this sets your mind at ease. As for gambling in Vegas, I enjoy that, and I'm willing to bet very high stakes indeed that you are negative. OK?

Good luck and continue to play safe to keep the odds always strongly in your favor.

Question about re-submitting questions (should help clear your inbox) Aug 27, 2006

This one should be informative for everyone. In an effort to understand the system (and especially to help clear your inbox a little) how long should we wait to re-submit a question that you didn't pick to answer? In other words, if we post a question, and see you've answered a bunch of others later that day but didn't pick ours, that doesn't mean anything, right? Because maybe you're still making your way through the pile? Should we give it a day?

I'm re-submitting mine because I really need you. I called you a sexy Italian in my subject, so you know it's me. And no, I'm not taking it out. When you stop being sexy, I'll think about it.

By the way, the nerve of people who get all bent out of shape if you don't pick their question. You can only do the best you can, geez. I, for one, am honored to learn from you at all and will wait patiently and keep reposting. Look for me...

xoxo, Good girl in New York

Hello Good Girl in New York,

Good question from a Good Girl! How quickly I can get to a particular question depends on my travel schedule and a variety of other factors, including how many questions I have to read through before beginning to type my responses. As a general policy, here's what I would suggest if you have a question:

1. Check the archives. I've been answering questions here for a number of years and have built up a massive archive. The chances are actually excellent that the information or reassurance you are looking for is already waiting for you in the archives. Ninety-nine percent of the questions I read everyday I've already responded to sometime in the past!

2. If I don't respond to your questions, check to see if your question is reasonable and/or understandable. I can't tell you the number of questions I get from anxious nervous nellies who are so distraught that they wind up typing a bunch of gobbledygook, pleading that I help them, but not giving me enough information to figure out what they are worried about or never even asking a legitimate question! So I recommend rereading your question before resubmitting to see if it's a valid question and that it contains enough information for me to comment upon.

3. If I haven't answered your question and you've checked the archives and you've rechecked your question, then I suggest you wait two weeks before resubmitting. Yes, I can get up to two weeks behind at times. Believe it or not, I do have a life outside of my role as Dr. Bob here on the sex channel.

Stay well. Thanks for your question and your patience, Good Girl!

IM GETTING SICK AND TIRED OF YOU Jan 12, 2008

out of the about 6 questions i ask you have only answered 1. you ignore the important questions and only answer the easy ones so you can get more to your greedy donation. it seems that you dont care at all about actually helping people. i challenge you to honestly answer my question without circumventing it with your clever little jokes.

my roommate drank from my hydrogen peroxide bottle and then soon thereafter i drained from the bottle onto a paper towel and applied to a freshly bleeding wound. any chances of having the particles of her saliva mixing into my paper towel and then entering my cut and getting me hiv?

also there was blood in a toilet and i went potty. i flushed it but i dont think all went down mauybe some particles were left as residue or something. anyway some of the 'water' splashed up and got into my anus. at what point can you obsorb hiv through your anus? does it have to be really deep or just the first inch or so of lining?

i am really worried and i hope you find in your heart to chjanged and help sum1 who has a real question for once

you are a good person but i jut think that you need to try to answer the hard questuions and give actually dark news instead of making everyone happy and getting donations. i ll donate if you answer honestly

You are getting sick and tired of me because I only answered one out of your last six questions!?!?! Well Ms. The-World-Revolves-Around-Me, this may come as a shock, but I'm really not here solely to address your multiple worries! I'm beginning to regret even answering one of your questions!

You state I ignore the important questions and only answer the easy ones!?!?! Hmm . . . have you even bothered to read the last gazillion or so questions I've responded to? I strongly doubt it or you would never be able to make such an outlandish comment. Now let's see, your "important questions" this time involves (1) a roommate who drank from your hydrogen peroxide bottle, which you then used on a paper towel to clean a wound and (2) blood in a toilet in which you "went potty." Hmm . . . now remind me again exactly why these are such critically important questions. Oh yeah, because they are your questions. I see.

Next you state I don't care at all about actually helping people, but rather only answer questions to "get more to (my) greedy donation." Well, despite your nearly illiterate grammar, your insult is quite clear. Actually I donate my time to these forums. I've also dedicated my life both personally and professionally to helping those in need. I encourage you to read my biography posted on this Web site. As for the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation, it's a nonprofit charitable organization dedicated solely to providing crucial services for men, women and children living with HIV/AIDS throughout the world and to raising awareness of the HIV/AIDS epidemic through advocacy and education. To date the foundation has raised well over $1,000,000 for AIDS service organizations worldwide, ranging form hospice care in Los Angeles to the provision of anti-HIV medications to HIV-positive pregnant women in Africa to help prevent transmission of the virus to their newborns. This year, among our many projects, we are partnering with the Clinton Foundation and Global Strategies for HIV Prevention to provide nutrition and HIV medication to HIV-positive children in Goma, Democratic Republic of Congo. We are also funding a bilingual HIV/AIDS information hotline, arranging for the AIDS Memorial Quilt to be displayed in various venues, arranging for rapid HIV tests and prevention counseling on a college campus, providing one-on-one HIV prevention education, condoms and HIV testing to high-risk populations in the San Fernando Valley and funding high-quality comprehensive medical and nursing care to HIV-infected infants in Oakland. This is only a partial list. However, apparently none of these activities mean much to you. It seems to me the only person you care if I help is you! Please note, my work here at The Body is completely voluntary and my advice is free and available to all, whether or not a questioner pledges to make a donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation.

The reason I have not responded to your barrage of questions is: The answers to your "i went potty" and "any chances of having particles of her saliva mixing . . ." are already waiting for you in the archives. Yes, you may have to search a bit to locate the exact responses, but they are indeed there. Have a look! And if you have to read through some of the other questioners' concerns along the way, I hope you'll learn a bit about not only about HIV, but also compassion and common courtesy. A second reason I have not answered is that your tone is far to demanding.

So now I have actually responded to your post. Although I realize it may not be the response you were anticipating, it's definitely more of a response than you deserve. As a reminder, a more specific answer to your two concerns can be found in the archives. Finally, should you ever write back to this forum, I would suggest you begin with a sincere apology, not only to me, but to all the questioners who were demeaned by your egocentric comments. One last piece of advice I'll offer: I can only assume you've earned yourself a considerable amount of bad karma from your latest rant. So I wouldn't walk under ladders if you can help it.

Proviral DNA by PCR
hpv vs. toothbrush