WOW when you put it like that

OK I am getting it FINALEY I think LOL Anyway seeing my entire thread of old posts made me realize that I might really need to talk to a shrink about this you are right. It made me laugh at myself WOW Thanks for the wake up call, maybe it is time to get on with life and worry about these type of thing when they actually present themselves You have a way of putting thing in prespective.

Well, finally we agree! BRAVO!

Dr bob I love you man and keep the 50 cool points Jun 9, 2008

But I think you might be wrong this time. I really do think that the 8 or 9 ELISA's the 2 PRC RNAs and the NAAT uot to 23 months just did not catch it. Maybe a rare subtype? I do not know but I do now that there is no other disease that can cause all this and be passed onto my children even though the wife tested negative through both pregnancies on three ELISA's. Anyway it has been a little more then three years post any exposures so I will take one last test. I am praying that you where right but just have this horrible gut feeling that I am a rare case. I know you say never go by symptoms, but come on, I mean all of us? What else could it be? I will keep you informed either way, and am trying to get into the NIH undiagnosed disease program. Maybe they can find what no one else can. wish me good KARMA PLEASE I need it.

Are you back again? Whether you choose to believe me or not, there is overwhelming and irrefutable evidence that you do not have HIV disease. How you choose to live with that reality is up to you. I urge you to seek the help of a psychiatrist. You can show them all your previous posts and my responses (see below).

I will give you 50 cool points Apr 26, 2007

Hello doc I have written you a few times (did not get a response I assume you are pretty busy) I will shorten the question Is there any possibility that someone could have a foratm of hiv that does not show on standard testing. I only ask because my family and I have been struggling to figure out what is wrong with us I have had oral thrush for over a year (that does not respond to treatment including IV drugs)psoriasis, oral sores, fatigue, night sweats, mew freckles and moles, swollen glands, and extreme tooth decay I have had many tests diagnosed CFIDS but I do not believe this because CFIDS is not contagious and my family is affected I have had a years worth of antibody tests all negative 2 viral load tests one at 6 months one at one year and one NAT test about 8 months all negative had high eosiniph almost double what they should be, low sed rate, high wbc, high calcium, high blood sugar border line diabetic what could be going on do you belive in CFIDS I got the feeling you did not oh by the way my cd4 was 1560 about 2 months into this, and 1530 about a year later (sorry question got long again) please help us out. no need to compliment you because you already know how cool you are.

Let's start with the facts. "Years worth of antibody tests," 2 viral load tests out to 1 year and 1 NAT at 8 months, all of which are negative, conclusively and definitively confirm that HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. Is there a type of HIV that would not show up on all these assays? Nope! If you had it, it would definitely be detectable.

If indeed you are having multiple symptoms and no cause has been identified, I'd recommend you seek a second evaluation at a respected medical center, preferably one that has a medical school associated with it. These institutions are best for evaluating confusing or complex issues. CFIDS along with chronic candidiasis are two of the most over-diagnosed conditions I know. The vast majority of folks who think they have these conditions or have been told they have these conditions in reality don't! Your low sed rate (which is normal, by the way) and normal CD4 counts give a fairly good picture that your immune system is most likely in good shape and that you do not have a major inflammatory process going on. If, after a thorough evaluation, no physical cause can be determined for your myriad complaints, you should consider psychosomatic illness.

Stop worrying about and chasing after an illness you could not possibly have.

I might have to take the cool points back Nov 20, 2007

Sorry Doc I am a mess I might just have to take some of those cool points back I know you have said on a few occasions that my testing was conclusive 9 elisa 3 vl and a naat in a pair tree, but I just got horrible news. I had high levels of EBV and unresponsive oral thrush they did a lymphocyte transformation antigen test and said my cells where unable to fight candida anymore then the Dr told me the only way that can happen is with HIV infection but then in the same breath she said with all my testing that I should be 99.9% dure that it is not HIV they are dumbfounded and do not know what to tell me on one hand I have all negative tests on the other a blood disorder only seen in HIV infection what does this mean Am I infected? what would you do? remember you where saying that it kind of sounded like a evolving autoimmune disease because of my slightly positive ANA and my always high CD4's plus my always slightly elevated CBC please help

Cool points or no cool points, I have not changed my assessment. HIV is not your problem. The physician who told you "the only way that can happen is with HIV infection . . ." is wrong. All HIV symptoms and opportunistic problems are the consequence of a deficient immune system. Any disease or condition that impairs or suppresses the immune system can lead to these exact symptoms and medical conditions. Are you being evaluated at a respected medical center or by a Board Certified clinical immunologist/rheumatologist? If not, that should be your next step. I can't diagnose complex medical conditions over the Internet without the benefit of your complete medical history, laboratory studies and a physical exam. What I can do is advise that if your negative nine ELISAs, three viral loads and one NAAT were performed outside the window period, HIV is not your problem.

I'll reprint your previous posts and my responses below.

Can you get HIV throguh humping your dog. Sep 26, 2007

Can you get HIV throguh humping your dog. That is a sick question, every one knows you just don't hump dog's!I prefer rats then you can get off and control the rodent population (I am kidding I do not hump rats just in case you did not hear the sarcasm) I just thought I would thank you for trying to help me overcome my fear of being positive I have written you before. I was the one WW with all the symptoms (figure that out) still have no answers and reoccurring oral thrush, but just got my 22 month elisa and it is still negative (as you predicted)so it is time to move on and look at other causes THANK YOU MUCH and 50 cool points to ya (redeemable at all 420 locations)

You're welcome and thank you for the cool points. I plan to redeem them for a plush toy for my pooch Presto in the image of that clueless crackpot who wrote in about humping his canine.

Stay well.

Can you get HIV throguh humping your dog. Sep 21, 2007

I sometimes hump my dog with my clothes off, and I hump him with lubricants on my penis and on his stomeach and penis, I do it because his penis is hard and his skin is hot. Can I get HIV doing this.

HIV? No. But you can get alot of other things...included arrested. In fact, is that the SPCA knocking at your door? If not. I'm sure they soon will be. I'm forwarding your e-mail to them.

HIV Dog Scratch (DOGS, HIV TRANSMISSION) Jul 22, 2007

my nieghbor has hiv and for a while ive been letting him see my dog/ play with her. My dog is friendly and scratches my nieghbors legs to get his attention. The problem is when he doesnt pay attention to her, she runs right over to me and scratches my legs. Can hiv be transmitted this way? Im just worried that blood gets on my dogs nails when she scratches him then its goes into my system when she scratches me. Ive donated to you foundation before when i learned about it when I was in San Fran, and Ill do so again.

HIV via canine scratch? Nope. HIV is not transmitted this way. So let Toto play with your neighbor (and vice versa), OK?

Thanks for your donation (www.concertedeffort.org) and for letting your pooch cheer up a poz neighbor (and visa versa)!

I'll reprint some other dog posts below.

Stay well. Give the pooch a pet from me.

can dogs transmit HIV? Aug 18, 2005

this might seem awkward, but i am really serious. here is the situation:

1) my roommate is gay 2) i am not sure if he is HIV +ve or not 3) i have doubts that he has sex with his dog (i am not kidding) 4) his dog bit me 5) is it possible that i contracted AIDS?

Thank you.

Have you been listening to those rightwing wing-nuts who claim being gay is a slippery slope to bestiality, pedophilia and devil worship? I think the dog may have bit you because it wanted you to turn off the Fox News Channel.

Relax, Dude, you can't get HIV from TOTO. O.K.? Now tell us, is it really true what they say about straight guys and gerbils?

Oral sex with family dog Mar 8, 2007

I enjoy having oral sex with our family dog (sucking his penis) until he ejaculates in my mouth while my husband films it. Is there any physical danger to this type of oral sex?

You give Cujo a hummer until you get a mouth full of canine cum while your hubby films the festivities??? Hmmm . . . there is just so much wrong with that picture I hardly know where to begin. I'll bet you'll be quite famous once your video hits Doggie YouTube.

dogs and HIV and whipped cream May 9, 2007

i have hiv and i sometime let him lick whipped cream off my penis. can the dog catch it?

No, Toto is not at risk. HIV stands for "Human" Immunodeficiency Virus. That said, I don't approve of your latest pet "trick" (so to speak). Even if you can convince Toto to give you a whipped cream hummer without worries of his becoming HIV infected, you have other worries to consider:

1. You could contract a canine disease if he's carrying something. After all, dogs can lick their own dick and balls, not to mention all sorts of other stuff.

2. You might turn your dog gay. This may be OK if he's a poodle or Chihuahua or something like that, but if he's a German shepherd or Great Dane, he could have troubles if word gets out at the dog park.

Finally, if you are resorting to canine tongue for your sexual gratification, you definitely need to get out more. Sure, dogs are wonderful and all, but boyfriends are oh so much better when it comes to getting the whipped cream off your joystick.

ready to give up Oct 18, 2007

I am pretty much just over the entire medical community.(you are still cool though) I have been going through two full years of hell with no answers. I have had just about every symptom of hiv the whole time and now I am getting herpes on top of it all (which never started until now)I have had NO risk for infection since this all started. Every Doctor I go to wants me to test for HIV again. I have tested that out as far as I can tell what would you suggest. I have taken about nine ELISA out to 22 months 2viral load tests 1 at 6 months one at about a year and a NAT (which i found out is basically just another viral load test) I have had a constant high WBC a positive ANA recently (which I have read can be a sign of HIV) and I have low testosterone and b-12 after about 18 months of this.I have had reoccurring oral thrush that just will not go away, and now sines infections over and over again. my children that where born after the illness show strange signs too. my one year old has geographic tongue and the two year old is slow to develop and still does not talk low weight for age and sick allot he was tested (antibody only at 6months and one year negative please Dr Bob do you think this could be some rare strain have you ever seen anything like this in your experiences any suggestions other tests anything

I don't know what your HIV risk was, but with nine negative ELISAs out to 22 months, two undetectable viral load tests and a negative NAT, one thing is absolutely certain: HIV is not your problem. No way. No how.

Rare strain? No, absolutely not.

Have I seen anything like this in my experience? Yes, many times. Each and every time the constellation of symptoms ultimately turned out to be something other than HIV.

With your positive ANA and persistently elevated WBC count you should have an evaluation by a clinical immunologist or rheumatologist. It is entirely possible you have an evolving autoimmune disease. Over the Internet I cannot diagnose the exact cause of your symptoms, but can, with great assurance, advise HIV is not the cause. Hope that helps and that you still think I'm cool.

Iam a working boy (DISCLOSURE LAWS)
blood tainted saliva in eye