The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Alone in the States

Jun 9, 2008

Hi Doc,

Please help! I need your advice. I came to the States for a business trip and stupidly picked up an escort at a local bar. She performed 15 sec of unprotected oral sex on me before I stopped her and requested for a condom to be used. I did not have any vaginal sex with her as I am fearful of the risk. After that, I start to worry about the 15s of unprotected oral sex. I am very scared that I will be infected.

Doc, what are my risk? Do I need hiv testing? What other stds do I need to look out for regarding my exposure? I will donate to your organisation again and I am so glad you are always around for idiots like me. Thanks.

Response from Dr. Frascino


The HIV/STD risk of 15 seconds of insertive oral sex with an escort of unknown HIV serostatus is negligible at best. Many wouldn't even recommend screening; however, if you are worried, a single rapid HIV test at the three-month mark will give an accurate result and put any residual worries permanently to rest. Please realize the primary reason to get this test is only to calm your mind. The results will undoubtedly be negative.

As for other STDs, your general medicine doctor can easily run a routine screen. Again, your risk is extremely low from such a minimal exposure.

Thanks for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (!

Be well. (I'm confident you are indeed well!)

Dr. Bob

Do I need to test again?
Five Straight Hours and Counting

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint