Window period

Dr Bob, Please help me to answer my worries. On april 20, my frinds had a bachlor party for me and i ended up having anal sex with TS escort, I was too drunk to remember if the condom was broke or not. At 28 post exposure days I did PCR DNA and came negative, also same time did ELISA and the STD panel and came back negative. Also did anoher test at 41 days and came back negative. I know I scrowed up big time before my wedding and my fiancee does not know, my qustion is 6 weeks good enouph indicator to go foreward with my plans and wedding? Also is it possible or documented any where that after 6 weeks seroconvert took place? I was reading a lot and there is so much conflict in this matter, also Is the PCR DNA accurate and reliable at 28 days? I really need your help please. Than you in advance and I would like to make donation but dont know where!

Once again, all this information is in the archives (have a look!), so I'll be brief:

1. HIV-antibody testing (ELISA, etc.) done prior to the three-month mark is not considered to be definitive or conclusive.

2. PCR testing is not recommended for routine HIV screening due to the rate of false-positives, other technical concerns and cost.

3. My advice is simple: Level with your fiancée. Use latex condoms for protection until your three-month test confirms your definitive negative status.

4. Donation information for the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org.

Good luck with your upcoming nuptials. I see no reason to delay your wedding. Your chance of being HIV infected is so remote it's nearly nonexistent.

Fingering w/ blood on finger GO OBAMA!!
Do I need to test again?