No Q, Just Thoughts on The Power of Testing...

Hi Dr. Bob,

Hope you're well, how's your honey? :-) I had a woo-hoo about a 18 months ago when I tested for the very first time (thank you for walking me through that), just had another 5 month woo-hoo via Home Access. Protected sex once with someone whose status is unknown, but I'm one of those semi-anal-retentives that likes to be sure...and no, I didn't intend that to be a joke but feel free to run wild with the anal entendres, I would! I donated last week, but that's not what this email is about.

First to all my fellow forum-ites, I just want to say again that we're so incredibly lucky to have someone like Dr. Bob, who handles our concerns with humor and love, no matter how wonky and out there we might be. We're blessed that he, despite obviously having a very full life, takes a lot of time out to hold our hands and dole out big heaping helpings of common sense, life-saving advice, and "woo-hoos". I can't imagine how many times his words have given people hope, strength, and courage. Dr. Bob, you are a certified hero, let me know where I should mail your hero sash and matching feathered hat (comes in purple, gold, or tartan plaid, your choice).

That said, I'm writing to remind everyone (including me), about the power of testing. Yes, it is nerve-wracking...the first time I worked myself up so badly I couldn't eat or think of anything else, and I was convinced that every little twitch and blip and pimple was proof positive. But I did it anyway, and now I'm living proof that knowing your status is one of the most empowering things EVER. Seriously.

A woo-hoo is a massive relief, no doubt, but it's more than that...it's the chance to do right by yourself and others, it's an unsubtle reminder that HIV could happen to anyone including you, it's a call to get involved so we can eventually eradicate this chronic disease that has touched each and every one of us. And if Dr. Bob and my two poz friends are any indication, a positive result gives us the same beautiful opportunities.

Take it from a girl who has done what many of us do -- get on the net and get scared half to death by the morass of information out there -- nothing is worse than not knowing, and nothing is more freeing than finally taking that step and taking that test.

Thanks Dr. Bob. :-)

Love to you and Steve,

Kitten

Dearest Kitten,

How's my honey? I can't give you a firsthand account right now, as we are on opposite sides of the country at the moment. Hopefully he's missing me as much as I'm missing him.

As for "anal-entendres," that sounds like the title to a porno flick! "Anal Entendres," staring Asslee Bendover, Seymour Butts and Largass Onmycock.

Next, the hero sash and matching feather hat (are you sure it doesn't come in a rainbow-flag motif?) can be mailed to the foundation office, attention Department of Hero Sashes and Unspecified Feather Items."

Finally kitten, how can I thank you for such kind comments??? Should I send the unmarked bills to your private offshore account as usual or would you prefer something else this time??? Catnip perhaps?

In all sincerity, your comments and insights are warmly appreciated.

Be well. Meow!

In dire need, plz talk to me. There is no one else.
Mixed Feelings (PEP and HIV SPECIALISTS)