I need your OPINION!!!!!! I really think I'm infected.

I had unprotected anal and was receptive. I know, I'm a fool. I came down with all of the hiv symptoms after 2 weeks. Started with feeling exhausted. Anyway, I tested positive at 2 weeks. Since then, i've taken several tests. About 11 to be exact. All have come back negative. It's been 11 weeks and I am negative so far. My question to you is, was the first test an indicator? Am I going to test positive because I'm still in the window period? Is an 11 week test accurate? The Senior Social worker at one of the top aids clinics in NYC told me that I'm negative for sure at 8 weeks. He told me that he's never seen anyone test negative and then positive later on. I want to believe him but with all of the symptoms and that first positive, I JUST CAN'T. I'm convinced and just need some reassurance. Everyone keeps telling me to ask "THE BODY.COM!!!!!!! I would greatly appreciate anything that you have to say. I know your always doing this and your answers will be valued for life. Should I just forget about testing and move on? Should I fear that my next test next week is going to be Poz? Should I test at 6 months if it's negative?

Relax Max! Your first test was undoubtedly a "false positive." Your 11 subsequent negative tests out to 11 weeks are more than ample evidence that the first test, not the subsequent 11 that followed, was wrong. I would advise a single test at the three-month mark (as that is the current-guidelines recommendation for a definitive HIV test. I have no doubt it will be negative. At that point all you'll need to do is hell WOO-HOO. And, of course, learn from this very trying experience. Unsafe sex is not worth the risk, the worry and the potential catastrophic consequences. If you cannot put your fears to rest after your three-month test, I'd suggest you get some counseling. Your fears are unwarranted.

Masturbation and STD's
life back