How Do I Love Thee...Let Me Count The Days (IS 24 WEEKS EQUAL TO SIX MONTHS?)

Dr. Bob: As I'm sure you know, there is a ton of conflicting info on the internet about testing. My situation in a nutshell: needlestick injury, finished PEP (Combivir), antibody test at 8 weeks, 12 weeks, 18 weeks, and about to face the final 6 month test! I know this shouldn't take a mathematician but I need to hear it from you: If 3 months is 12 weeks, is 6 months 24 weeks? If my test is negative at 24 weeks, am I in the clear. Please help because I need to put this out of my mind. Thanks!!!

OK class, everyone take out their calculators, slide rules, adding machines and abacuses and let's begin today's math lesson. Twelve weeks equals three months. Everyone apparently agrees on that. OK. So if twelve weeks equals three months, what does 24 weeks equal? Yes class, you can even use your fingers and toes to count as you work out this "CCC" (complex calculus conundrum). The first student to get the right answer gets to sleep with the teacher during naptime later this afternoon.

(Answer: Yes, 24 weeks does equal six months according to this calculation although if you're a real smarty pants you'll also realize that since six months equals a half year and since there are 52 weeks and 12 months in a year, technically speaking 26 weeks is also equal six months! Yes class it was indeed a trick question! However the immune system really doesn't care which method of calculation you use!)

Your support is awesome!
Can't sleep at night :(