Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

You'll laugh at this!
Jun 9, 2008

Yep, it's me again-the 56 yr old woman from Alabama...now that is funny in itself...you got admit! Tired of me yet? I hope not...sincerely...

Just a thought...as much information as this site gives, all of the answers to questions etc etc...I am suddenly getting overwhelmed with all of the knowledge and resources found here! I mean...I've been pos for about 7 yrs...and soon to start on meds and freaked out about it (Delayed Grieving was my last post to you)...and now I ran across a question about HIV-1 and HIV-2... Sometimes it is too much info no? I mean, for me, as much as I want to know...sometimes I get to knowing too much and it scares me or confuses me. Do I really need to know everything about everything? Is it enough to know that I have been pos for 7 yrs, that my Aids Clinic in Alabama is far from 'up on current', and that I will soon start meds? Rather then knowing which monkey spread this HIV-1 or HIV-2 to me?

LOL

Just overwhelmed sometimes by all the info...maybe sometimes it is just too much info for our own good?

Keep up your so genuine support of me...no matter how weirded out I seem...your support means so much to me as I have little if at all here.

Humor me ok?

Bless you and hope all the best for you and anyone else having to deal with this disease...

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hey Alabama-Gal,

The information can be confusing, but in general I feel information is power. Don't feel you have to learn everything immediately. Take your time and learn a little bit each day. Start with "the basics" and build up from there. Being well informed is an excellent way to cope with the challenges of cohabitating with HIV. Plus, you can help keep the staff at your HIV clinic current.

Be well!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Discrimination?
Next
Your support is awesome!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.