pls pls help me doc

I think i have ARS; have fever and headache! Had HIV test (neg) 2 weeks ago after waiting 4 weeks post exposure. Does developing ARS-like symptoms post testing lessen likelihood that ELISA would detect antibodies at my 4 wk test? Am a neverous wreck and all alone. Please help doc donation coming ur way to very worthwhile foundation. thank you

Symptoms (or no symptoms) are notoriously unreliable in predicting who is and is not HIV infected. The only reason to worry (and test, for that matter) is placing oneself at risk for acquiring the virus. If you've had a potential HIV exposure, you need an HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark, whether you are symptom-free or are experiencing every symptom under sun!

Your negative test at four weeks post-exposure is encouraging, but not yet definitive. You'll need to wait the full three months for that.

Thank you for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It is urgently needed and warmly appreciated. In return I'm sending you my good-luck karma that your definitive three-month HIV test will remain negative. I strongly suspect this will indeed be the case!

RE:how you going? ( Concerned Ozzie)
Chicken pox & HIV