is it neessary to fast before the elisa test

Dear Doctor Bob: i want to ask you a question,i have been tested twice with ELISA HIV test, they were twice negaTIVE AND THREE MONTHS MARK AFTER SITUATION,BUT I HAVE A DOUBT: I had a coffee in the morning,before going to lab.Is there some trouble if i did not fast ,i mean i had not eaten anything for 8 hours before but the little cup of cofee.Is my test all right and conclusive? THanks a lot,i admire your work,i am sending 100 dollars on my pay day at end of the week.God bless you DOCTOR.

Fasting is not necessary for any HIV-related tests. Food (including coffee) will not affect ELISA test results. Your negative result is accurate! Congratulations!!!

Thank you for your generous donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation. Your one gift will touch many lives. And by the way, helping those in desperate need is also a wonderful way to rack up excellent cosmic karma!

Be well. Stay well.

want to keep him safe
Oral sex and STD (ORAL SEX AND STDs)