Confused about my risk

Dr.Frascino

I am one that had very little sex education that was not in the form of abstinence. I am now 29 and married with a daughter, and still am in doubt. The other night I went to a strip club and fingered one of the women in the club. I am now falling into depression and worried sick that I might have contacted HIV. The reason is I am a habitual nail bitter, and bit them alot to the tee. I wasd not bleeding from my fingers but I am worried sick I might have ruined my family's life. I am soo scared that my daughter might be loosing her father and my wife her husband b/c of my stupidity. Please give me advise if I am at risk, b/c of how much I bite my nails and what I did. Desparate man in Miami, will donate.

Thank You for all your help

Hi Desperate Man in Miami,

Unfortunately you (and so many others who frequent this forum) are still suffering the effects of your lack of proper science-based sex education. It's remarkable how psychological damaging this can be. Sex is supposed to be fun, not anxiety provoking!

Your HIV-acquisition risk is extremely minimal at best. Your chewed fingers were not bleeding and we have no idea of the stripper's HIV status. Your degree of worry is way out of proportion to any real risk of infection. This most likely reflects your guilt surrounding this sexcapade coupled with irrational fears of possibly contracting HIV. I would recommend you level with your wife. It's not only the best way to confront and cope with your guilt; it's also the right thing to do. Regarding HIV testing, a single rapid HIV test at the three-month mark is all you need for a definitive and conclusive test result. The odds remain astronomically in your favor that you did not contract HIV at your local Badda Bing.

Thanks for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). In return I'm sending you my good-luck karma that your definitive three-month HIV test is negative. (I'm quite confident it will indeed by negative, OK?)

Good luck. Remember to vote for Obama so that we can get science-based sex education back in our schools!

hope u r great
Obama got it ! Woohoo!