Witty and Clever Title....PLEASE Read!!!

Hi Dr. Bob, Hopefully, my title caught you attention because I am in desperate need of your response. I am going out of my mind.

Here's a little background information. I had a night of stupidity that involved me (a woman) receiving oral sex, very brief frottage (I didn't know he was going to do it and stopped him once I realized what was happening) and I gave him a hand job and got semen on my arm and hands. I don't know if I washed my hands before putting my contacts in, so there may have been some still then touching my eye. Anyway I freaked about about HIV a few days later. Waited 4 weeks and took a Home Access test-negative. Then read that 6 weeks was the window period in Mass., so I took a home access then-negative. Then I hit the 4.5 month mark and decided to buy yet another home access test, it too was negative. All was fine and dandy until I developed a yeast infection that would NOT go away and my. It's been with me for months, and my doctor kept saying that HIV could be the cause of a lingering infection. Which again freaked me out because I never tested for HIV-2. So here are my questions. 1)How likely was HIV infection anyway? I have heard you say frottage is no risk, I am assuming that dried semen maybe on my finger when I put in a contact would also be a no risk, but am concerned about the oral. Although I don't understand why if kissing is no risk, why saliva on my vagina would be a risk and not saliva in my mouth. If you want to explain that that would be great. 2). Is my yeast problem possibly caused by HIV? I have read mixed opinions. 3). Is my 4.5 month home access test all of the proof I need to insure I have no HIV-1 or HIV-2? I know you will probably say I have the option to test, but I have tested 3 times already. If it is true please say "There is zero chance you have HIV of any type."

Thank you so much for you time!

I always was (and apparently continue to be) a sucker for a witty and clever title!

Your HIV-acquisition risk was extremely low (oral sex/frottage). Your repeatedly negative HIV tests out to 4.5 months are definitive and conclusive. I do not feel HIV-2 testing is warranted, even though your Home Access test does not specifically cover HIV-2 infection. Certainly if you want to get HIV-2 screening, it's now readily available. Chronic or recurrent vaginal yeast infections are common and the vast majority of them are not linked to HIV.

To specifically answer your questions:

1. Your HIV risk was negligible at best.

2. No.

3. Yes, for HIV-1. (HIV-2 remains an exceedingly rare condition in the U.S.)

My opinion is that you don't need additional HIV testing, but you may well need a new, more competent, physician!

Just a simple question need answer please
Re:Re HIV and Disability