Thanks for NOT answering my question, makes me think I am worrying for nothing

Dear Robert,

I'd like to thank you for not answering my previouse 5 questions to you. I know that you are a busy man and take a lot of time dealing with people like me. But you NOT answering my questions makes me feel as though they are simply not worth worrying about. If you did not feel the need to answer, then I don't feel the need to worry.

So thanks! But hey, just in case you are wondering what my question/concern was, well here it is. And I promise to donate a nice chunk of money if you help me out.

Here goes. I have been going to massage parlours and seeing medium to high class escorts on and off for about 4 years. With the massage parlours I usually opt for the standard rub and tug. Only a few times did I get oral, but always with a condom. Only once did I have an excited massage lady spit on my penis. I quickly wiped it off with alcohal. With the escorts, 95% of the time I received oral always with a condom, and only a few times full sex, again, always with a condom.

Over the 4 years that I have been doing this I have never gotten overly sick. I have had the occasional minor Flu and few colds here and there but nothing serious. No other major symptoms to speak of. That is until I noticed a very tiny whitehead on the very tip of my penis. There was no pain associated with it. No burning. No Itching. In fact I did not even know it was there until I looked down and saw it. I went to another forum similer to this one and was told by another great doctor such as your self, that is was NOT an STD and that I should not worry. The online doctor told me that if I wanted to see my doctor I could but that is was probably nothing. The white went away, and over the next 3 years has come and gone a few times. Each time smaller then the next and the only way I can know is if I look down.

Doctor Robert, MD, I have been living with minor guilt for the last 4 years and have recently stopped that lifestyle. Though I always played it safe is there any need for me to get tested? Should I get tested because I have lived this way for so long? Should I get tested for all those times a hand was on me, or because a little saliva residue found it's way to my penis after a condom was removed. Or maybe over that time a condom broke without me knowing. Like I said I feel fine and have for all this time. Please give me your honest opinion. I want to live a healthy life. I have a girlfriend now and I want her to be the only one in my life from now on.

Thanks Robert. Your advice saves all.

Sincerely, Worried but not that worried, but yeah, still kind of worried...a little.

Hello Worried But Not That Worried, But Yeah, Still Kind Of Worried . . . A Little,

You guessed correctly! Your questions are so similar to so many others I've already posted that I did not feel the need to specifically address them. (Check the archives and you'll see what I mean!)

Briefly, your HIV-acquisition risk is essentially nonexistent and your fears completely unwarranted. The only reason to consider testing would be to calm your mind and put any residual (and unwarranted) fears permanently to rest. The results of an HIV test would undoubtedly be negative.

I see no reason for you to be worried or feel guilty. You did nothing wrong and you adhered to safer sexual techniques. For that you are to be commended!

Be well. Stay well. Yes, you are indeed "well."

withdrawal of question
Likelihood of Contraction?