test #4 and counting....

Remember me? I wrote a few weeks ago. I recently found out that an exboyfriend tested positive and that he had it while we were together. We only had unprotected sex (but never anal). The last time we were together was in June 2006 and since then I have had one other partner, always protected and the last time I have had sex with him was in October 2008.

I got 2 rapid tests and an oral swab in April and they were all negative.

I wrote you about this and you said that I could def WOO HOO.

But, Yesterday, I had an appointment with my MD and I told her the situation and she suggested that I test for Hepatitis. She also suggested that I take another HIV blood test. She didn't act like I could WOO HOO.

Also, I had started the first of three Hepatitis vaccines a while back, and she gave me the second one yesterday.

Can I really WOO HOO and put this behind me or do you think there is a slight chance that I may have HIV and just haven't made antibodies yet? (I'm really nervous about her calling me next week with the results).

Please answer!!!

XO

P.S. She did also refer me to a Counselor. And I have read every archive on this site to become educated about HIV/Aids. Thank you so much.

I do not agree with your doctor's recommendation. Your last potential HIV exposure was June 2006. You have had two negative rapid HIV tests out to 22 months. These negative tests are definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No further HIV tests are warranted.

Routine hepatitis screening and vaccination, if indicated, is fine and dandy, but there is no doubt that from an HIV perspective you can WOO-HOO!

brochure?
please please help me