Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Hiv + or _
Jun 1, 2008

Let me explain my week. Sunday started to drink a lot of beer probably drank 15 beers and had not much sleep. Monday started drinking again at about 2 in the afternoon. I was drinking Redbull vodka (10 redbulls and 1/2 to 3/4 bottle of vodka throughout the day and night). That night I went to the strippers. When I was there I Masterbated while she touched my genitals I know she touched herself before that. She never touched the tip of my penis but probably touched my pants with her hand that touched herself. The next day I had very smelly urine. Took a day off the on Wednesday drank a lot of Redbull vodka and beer again. Out late again not much rest. Thurday afternoon started noticing tingling when I went to the bathroom. This got worse and I had to go to the bathroom more. I was getting tired and felt a little sick. The next day the same thing. Found a bottle of Amoxicilian in my house so I took that 2 times a day. The next night I felt my kidneys beating throughout the night but didn't know what that would be. Didn't seem to help. Went to the doctor on the next Monday and he gave me Ciprol XL. Never really helped. I when back to the doctor and He gave me Difucan for a yeast infection. My throat was also starting to get red and sore. I took the pills and they helped I could feel there was tingling in my legs and my penis felt like the infection was leaving. My throat got better but not felt like there was something in the back of my throat. The soft palate seems to be irritated and I thought I may have some white on my tongue. When I woke up in the mornnings my throat would be covered in with but I could spit it out. I went back to the doctor and he said my tongue wasn't that bad. I still have irritation on the tip of my penis but gets better when I use cream for yeast infections on it but it never seems to go away fully. I did get tested for Gonorrea and Chymidia and were negative. My throat now is ok but gets dry when I sleep at night and my tongue is very dry and sore in the mornnings. I wake up every few hours. I went back to the doctor and got a blood test done at 8 weeks and everythings looked good and I was HIV negative. I still have this feeling in my throat and the dryness at night and tip of my penis is irritated. I also was checked for strep and mono. Now I feel foggy in my head and tired but I am trying this Herbal detox thing. I am wondering if I have or had a sytematic yeast infection from the drinking and still having trouble with it or should I worry about HIV. Hope you can help.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Your HIV-acquisition risk is nonexistent based on the activities you describe. However, even though HIV is not your problem, you definitely do still have a problem! Alcohol abuse! I would suggest you refocus your efforts to address this very real problem.

I would also advise against self treatment with antibiotics. ("Found a bottle of amoxicillin in my house so I took that . . . .") This can lead to problems like fungal overgrowth (secondary fungal infections) such as you experienced.

As for feeling your "kidneys beating throughout the night," I doubt this was the case. Kidneys don't beat and generally you can't feel them.

Finally, the herbal detox thing is a waste of time, energy and money. You need to clean up your act and herbs are not going to do it for you.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Feeling like crap. HIV?
Next
brochure?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.