Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Feeling like crap. HIV?
Jun 1, 2008

Two years ago I had a one night stand with some woman I picked up at bar. Week later my tonsils swelled and had white crap all over them. Antibiotics didnt work. Had HIV test at 4,8, + 12-13 month mark - all negative. But still my glands in my mouth swell constantly - tonsils, behind ear,and roof of mouth. Recently have chronic dry cough. My doctors think I'm crazy. Went to two different ID doctors without any significant findings, except slight raise in lymphocytes, and decrease in WBCs or the other way around cant remember. Having panic attacks. Is it safe to rule out HIV?

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Is it safe to rule out HIV? Absofrickinlutely! Your repeatedly negative HIV tests out to 12 months are definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. I cannot diagnose the cause of your symptoms over the Internet. But I can with great certainty tell you what's not causing them: It's not HIV! If two ID doctors have evaluated and cannot identify a physiologic cause for your symptoms, I suggest you consider a psychosomatic cause. You are having "panic attacks," which clearly indicated you have abnormal fears and anxiety. I suggest you stop focusing on HIV, a disease you could not possibly have, and refocus your energies on treating a condition you definitely do have: anxiety.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
RE: WHY IS THIS KEPT FROM THE PUBLIC
Next
Hiv + or _

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.