HIV2? PLEASE Dr. Bob, will donate if you just answer my question once and for all!

Please Dr. Bob!!

I just can't rest... :( Please just answer me a few questions and I'll be more than happy to make a donation!

I had a possible exposure (unprotected receptive vaginal sex) months ago, had negative HIV-1 test at 8 weeks, and 5 months, and 7 months... but now almost a year later symptoms have come back and worse, incuding swollen lymph nodes everywhere (doctor told me so...) :(

1)How common is HIV-2 in the US, I can't find any current statistics? Should I be worried?

2)The HIV tests I took only covered HIV-1 (blood tests through planned parenthood, said they sent it to the CDC lab, says HIV-1 EIA on the paper)...., I heard they pick up HIV-2 like 70% of the time... is it likely that if I had HIV-2 the tests would have picked it up?

3)Would you reccomend an HIV-2 test for me?

Thanks sooooooooo much, i really just need to put my mind to rest and start trying to enjoy life again, I just need your WooHoo to move on!!!

Will donate!! just let me know how?

1. HIV-2 remains extremely uncommon in the U.S.

2. Most HIV-1 blood tests will detect 70% to 80% of HIV-2 cases. Specific tests for HIV-2 are readily available in the U.S.

3. I would recommend it only to put your unwarranted HIV fears permanently to rest. So go ahead and get it done. Your WOO-HOO is waiting!

4. Donation information for the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org. But you knew that already now, didn't you? Of course you did!

Going out of my mind will donate!
PEP?