Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Nipple and back rub
May 31, 2008

Hey there doctor!

As i read past responses looking for a situation similar to mine, i realized (which you already know) that most of us are looking for a faint glimmer of hope during a self-induced tunnel of darkness surrounding a questionable act fueled by regret, shame and the sudden realization of our lack of invincibility. Most of us simply are dumb dumbs who could have used better judgement in a time of horniness. (Good title for a self-help book: "Better Judgement in a Time of Horniness")

But alas, here's my entrance ticket to the hopefully worried-well category.

A couple of weeks ago i attended a sex establishment. As i walked around, a guy (offering his services) grabbed my penis and stroked it for a minute or so. We walked into a room where he offered to perform oral, but i declined, opting instead for what turned out to be an amazing back massage. (Yes, i know, a sex shoppe and i'm getting my knots and kinks out of my upper back, go figure!). He massaged my back and arms for a while (over my clothes). He then placed his hands under my shirt and teased my pierced nipples for about 5 minutes.

Point is, at no time was there any exchange of bodily fluids between us. Just him and his hands on my nips. When it was done, i went to the bathroom and noticed that the sides of my nipples (where the piercings go in) were tender and slightly raw.

I walked out and saw him again, we sat around and chit chatted for a bit, i asked to see his hands and there were no visible cuts, no blood or anything of the sort.

Do you think there was a chance of exposure? Would the presence of any virus in his hand have dissipated after the back rub over my clothes?

Am i worried for nothing? I developed a cold a week after, but so did the rest of my family. No fever, no aches and pains, just a good ol' cold. I woke up today and found a couple of pinkish spots on my chest and back, most of which have already disappeared.

Would you be kind as to grant me admission on the worried-well section? Or do you think i have real reason for concern?

Thank you for all that you do on this site. You're the kind of guy i'd like to sit around and chit chat over a martini or two.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello future author of "Better Judgment in a Time of Horniness,"

No doubt the conclusion of your book, which, by the way, is bound to be not only a New York Times bestseller, but also a featured selection on Oprah's book club and at Starbucks, is simply that "God gives men a brain and a penis but only enough blood to run one at a time."

So here comes your very own personalized "faint glimmer of hope during a self-induced tunnel of darkness surrounding a questionable act fueled by regret, shame, and the sudden realization of lack of invincibility": Relax Max! Your HIV-acquisition risk is nonexistent! You are hereby granted full and immediate admission to our X-Files (ex-worried wells) with all the rights, benefits and privileges. Congratulations!

As for a chitchat over a martini or two, well, do I get to see the pierced nips???

Be well. Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Being Undectable for 3yrs what are the chances of me passing HIV on - sex wise??
Next
how you going? ( Concerned Ozzie)

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.