Help me please I'm going out of my mind
May 23, 2008
I'm a straight man who hasn't got HIV. Last week I got very very drunk and had brief sex with a gay man. I didn't use a condom and no seamen was exchanged. He didn't enter me I entered him and the whole act lasted 10 mins max. I don't know his sexual back ground could I have contracted HIV?
Response from Dr. Frascino
Another "straight" man having unsafe anal sex with a random guy after lowering his inhibitions with a few drinks. You're like the 10th one today. Is there a GOP convention in town or what?
So no "seamen" were exchanged? So, no marines or navy guys? Right?
Your question is: Could you have contracted HIV? Straight-Guy, you probably know the answer already (or at least you should!). Unprotected sex (gay, straight, front-door or backdoor) puts you at risk for STDs, including HIV. My advice would be:
1. Get a single rapid HIV test at the three-month mark.
2. Get psychological counseling to explore sexual orientation issues and/or alcohol abuse problems.
3. Whether straight as a lawn dart or gay as the Christmas windows at Macy's, use a latex or polyurethane condom for all penetrative sex. (By the way, the chance a truly "straight" guy would wind up having anal sex is about as likely as getting Dick Cheney to record a public service announcement for PFLAG.)
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Groin Pain A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Burning Penis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Can A Bladder Infection Cause Vaginal Bleeding?
- Can You Get Genital Warts When Giving Oral Sex?
- How Long Does It Take For The Results Of A Hepatitis B Test?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.