condom breakage! Help

Hi Dr Bob,

We are a magnetic couple. I am (-)ve and partner is (+)ve. we always practice safe sex and always uses lots of lube everytime.

Yesterday when we are having intimacy, my partner topped me. and unfortunately the condom broke. I (btm), negative, found out that the condom broke.

We stopped the intercourse immediately and i went to the bath room to rinse with water and bath foam.

This incident freaked us out. considering that we stopped the intercourse immediately and he have not ejaculate in the condoms. what are the risk of me contracting the virus?

Please reply as this is freaking us out. I'll promise a donation after a reply. thanks lots!

HIV-transmission risk is based on many factors, including the route of exposure, viral strain, viral load, local trauma, concurrent infections, immune integrity, etc. Generally speaking, a broken-condom experience can be most accurately equated to an unprotected (no condom) exposure. That your exposure was so brief and that ejaculation did not occur would reduce any potential risk for transmission/acquisition. If your partner is on antiretroviral medications and his HIV plasma viral load has been suppressed to undetectable limits, this too would significantly decrease the chance for viral transmission.

The CDC recommendation for HIV testing following a significant exposure to a partner confirmed to be HIV positive is to get an HIV-antibody test at the three- and six-month marks.

Good luck to both you and your partner.

So many questions
100 dollors again