Thank you

Dr DR Rob

Thankyou for your reply, and thankyou for your offer of being there if you need me. I am not in a very good space at the moment as this serious lapse of judgement, which has led me to being HIV+ is turing my live around , as I have a boytfriend who I betrayed but also becsue we have been together for seven years and live adn work together. The most terrible thing is that his reaction, he is a rock and I am rocky, has maade me relise how much I have depended on him - perhaps which lead to this situation. Is there anyway I can make cantact with you without going through this forum? I wil be interested to hear what the HIV experts say here regarding strting drugs now, as it does not seem to be a widely held view, are you on medication and when did you start. Trying to hold it together here. Regards Paul

Hi Paul,

Am I on medication? Yes, I've been on antiretroviral drugs for well over a decade! When did I start? Mid-1996, as soon as protease inhibitors were released for use.

Can you contact me without going through this forum? No, when I said I'd be "here" if you need me, I really did mean "here." I respond to literally thousands of folks on a wide range of HIV-related topics. Can you imagine what would happen if I allowed everyone to just drop by for coffee or chat me up on my cell phone??? For those in the San Francisco Bay Area, appointments are available at the Frascino Medical Group, Inc. (650-917-1357), if they are in need of one-on-one evaluation, anonymous testing, rapid tests, etc. However, I realize flying in from, say, Zimbabwe or Alice Springs might prove problematic. So, Paul, I'm still here if you need me. But do give yourself a chance to adjust to your new reality of being "virally enhanced." Get informed about HIV; establish your inner circle of support with close friends and family; and find a competent and compassionate HIV specialist with whom you can work cooperatively. Those should be your next steps, OK?

$101 donation
Vomit transmission