Is there a correlation?
May 20, 2008
Is there a correlation between White Blood Cell Count (total) and CD4 count?
If my cd4 count was low, would my WBC count also be low?
Also, I know only getting the test matters, but if one's white cell count was high normal/high, (say around 11,000 continuously) years after the exposure could you assume you didn't have HIV?
Sorry, I know the last question was a little stupid, but any advice would be wonderful :) Thanks sooooooooo much!
Response from Dr. Frascino
1. Is there a correlation between white blood cell (WBC) count and CD4 count? There can be a "correlation," but no the type that would allow one to diagnose or infer HIV disease.
2. If your CD4 count was low, would your WBC count also be low? No, not necessarily.
3. If your WBC count was high-normal years after the exposure, could you assume you didn't have HIV? Nope!
4. Any advice? Sure, my advice is stop mentally masturbating and go get the damn test already! Frevinsakes!
You're welcome soooooooooooooooo much! Good luck with your test!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Red Spots After Vaginal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Penis After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- White Bumps On Penis After Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- How Long After Unprotected Sex Does It Take To Know You May Have A Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.