Husband is HIV Positve and wife tested Negative

My husband is on medication is his viral load is undetectable. Would unprotected sex at this time be a problem - would I become positive?

Would you become positive? I do not know.

Could you become positive? Yes, it is indeed possible.

There is no doubt that being on potent antiretroviral medications that drive the HIV plasma viral load to undetectable levels significantly decreases the risk of HIV transmission, but at this point we can not conclusively state the risk is completely eliminated. Considering the potential catastrophic consequences of becoming HIV infected, I would advise you continue to protect your negative status by continuing to use latex condoms for penetrative sex and follow safer sex guidelines. You can read much more about this in the archives, as I've answered many, many similar questions recently.

Good luck. Stay safe. Stay well.

window period for autoimmune hepatitis
I REALLY NEED YOU!!!! (HEPATITIS C AND DELAYED HIV SEROCONVERSION)