Hypogammaglobulinemia

Dr.Bob, please help! On my CBC it shows my Globulin level at 2.2 (Normal 2.1 - 3.7). Being an allergy/immunology specialist, can you tell me what this might mean in terms of not having enough antibodies to show up on a rapid HIV test? I'm scared sh*tless right now Doc. I donated a $100 to your organization, if there's anyway you can reply, your help is greatly appreciated. I've done both Oral fluid and Blood rapid antibody tests over the year pertaining to exposures 4 - 7 years ago. Over all my entire CBC count looks ok. My TSH test came back at 1.7 (Normal: 0.4 - 4.5). Can you tell me what that means? I know I'm bugging you Dr.Bob, and I apologize however I loose my medical insurance next month and am in dire need of assistance. Also my WBC is 4.9, Lymph at 2254 and Neut at 2205. Am I at risk for throwing a false negative?

Yikes! Are you back again so soon??? First of all, a complete blood count (CBC) does not include globulin levels. That's an entirely different test.

Next, if your globulin level is 2.2, it's completely normal. (The normal range is 2.1 to 3.7.) Consequently you definitely do not have hypogammaglobulinemia by definition! Normal is normal. And for the very last time, your negative rapid HIV test results are definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. I just can't say it any plainer than that.

As for your TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) result of 1.7, this too is in the normal range (0.4 4.5) and that means your hormone level is completely normal. Your fears are completely unwarranted.

Are you at risk of a false-negative? No.

Are you at risk of winding up in a padded cell wearing a straightjacket if you don't get your anxiety and irrational fears under control? Yep! The "dire need of assistance" you speak of is psychological, not medical.

my husband has hiv can we still start a family?
WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH RESEARCHERS? MAKE UP THEIR MIND!!!!