Please help, i've lost my mind

I must be stupid, I honestly had no idea you weren't supposed to use lotion (oil based) as a lube. I used this about 5 times. I didn't noticed the condom broke but apparently it can create slits that wouldn't be noticable. So i'm freaking out. I normally check the condoms afterwards. I never noticed anything, but was i still at risk because it could have had small holes/slit in it? please help, i'm going nuts worrying. I guess just because i used an oil base lube does that mean it definitely broke/or leaked through?

This is the type of basic and potentially life-saving information that would be included in science-based sex education courses and is exactly the type of basic and potentially life-saving information that is not being taught in Dubya's misguided abstinence-only sex education curriculum! As your case points out, not providing this basic STD-prevention fact (proper use of condoms and lubricants) can have potentially disastrous consequences. This is yet another reason we need to vote conservative rightwing sex-phobic GOPers out of office ASAP. Our nation needs science-based information, not religious-based misinformation.

It is true that oil-based products can harm the integrity of latex, making it more likely to fail (break). A single rapid HIV test at three months or longer from your last oil-based lube job will provide an accurate and definitive result regarding your HIV status. The odds remain all in your favor that you did not contract HIV.

In addition to getting tested, I would advise you spend some time reviewing the wealth of information on this site pertaining to safer sex practices. Also, remember to get involved locally and insist science-based, age-appropriate sex education be taught in our schools! It could save lives!

Thanks for everything.
depression and hiv