Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

donation address and general question
May 13, 2008

I pledged some years back that I would make a donation later (my finances not being too good at that time). Now that I am able to do, what would be a good way to donate anonymously?

Also, a general question about HIV. What are chances of transmission for a man when he receives a blow job (assuming the woman has some blisters/gum problems)? If he has unprotected sex, how does the virus get into the man? If his bodily fluids are getting out, where does the virus get in from? Am not sure if I am really ignorant.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

The information you desire is waiting for you in the archives. (Check it out with a simple search!) Consequently I'll respond only briefly and refer you to the archives for more detailed explanations.

The estimated per-act risk for acquisition of HIV from unprotected insertive oral sex with a partner confirmed to be HIV positive is 0.5 per 10,000 exposures. Concurrent STDs, local trauma and bleeding gums can increase the potential for viral transmission. (How much would depend on how extensive the gum disease was and on what was causing the blisters.)

HIV can be transmitted directly across mucous membranes. The urethra (pee hole) is lined with a mucous membrane. Consequently, if HIV-infected vaginal/cervical fluids some into contact with this membrane, HIV transmission could occur.

Anonymous donations to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be made by donating cash. Also, if a donor wants to use a credit card, PayPal, money order or direct wire transfer and wants the gift to remain anonymous, he or she can advise us at the time of the donation and we will make sure we do not send a thank-you/acknowledgement letter, thank-you gift or any other communications. However, with donations other than cash, there is always a record of the transaction (at the credit card company or bank, etc.).

The Foundations address is:

The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation

1000 Fremont Ave., Suite 145

Los Altos, CA 94024

Dr. Bob

Previous
Exposure with Sex Worker.
Next
possible blood contact

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.