Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Exposure with Sex Worker.
May 13, 2008

Dear Dr. Bob,

I like to donate some money to your foundation? but do not know how, can you please advise?

I had been very sexually active with Sex Worker the past month. Now, I am extremely worried that I might have caught HIV and/or STDs during these events.

March 9, 08. Fingering, Unprotected Oral for 1-2 mins (very brief), kissing.

March 23, 08. Fingering, protected vaginal intercourse, kissing.

April 11, 08 Fingering, protected oral, protected vaginal intercourse, kissing.

April 12, 13, 18, 20 08 Fingering, protected oral, kissing. All of these event happened with same girl.

May 1, 8, 10 Fingering, protected oral, protected vaginal intercourse. All of these event happened with same girl.

May 11, Protected vaginal intercourse. I had sex twice in one day with different sex workers.

I checked the condom afterward, and all of them were intact and no breakage. I also filled with water, nothing leak out. All of the sex worker (all are Asian) claimed that they do not have Aids and they are very clean. Though, I do not know how reliable their answers are.

Can you please let me know what are my risks of acquire HIV/STDs?

Should I get test just to be sure?

Have you seen anyone who diagnosed with HIV/STDs from the events described above?

My last question is if one continues his life style like this for life, and use condom every time (assume condom works), is there a chance that he will acquire HIV? You mentioned that if condom works, no way no how...

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

The answers to your concerns are in the archives, as I've addressed similar questions gazillions of times in this forum. (Have a look!) Consequently I'll only respond briefly and refer you to the archives for more detailed information, OK?

1. Fingering is not considered to be an HIV transmission/acquisition risk, assuming the skin on the fingers doing the exploring is intact.

2. Protected sex is indeed protected, assuming the latex condom was used properly and did not fail (break).

3. HIV cannot permeate intact latex. No way. No how.

4. Donation information for the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org. Thanks for your willingness to help others in drastic need.

Be well. Continue to play safe and you'll stay safe.

Dr. Bob

Previous
How can someone contract HIV? (HIV TRANSMISSION BETWEEN TWO HIV NEGATIVES, 2008)
Next
donation address and general question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.