Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

6 months test
May 13, 2008

Hi Dr Bob i want to answer if a neagtive eliza test on the 25th week after the possible exposure is 100% negative!i mean conclusive and woo-hoo able!and secondly i want to know if antidepressants like zoloft and traxene affect the result of the test Thank in advance You helped so much 6 months now.Please be well and stay well as you say..people need you... Paul Greece

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Greek Paul,

Yes and no! Yes, a negative ELISA at week 25 is both conclusive and WOO-HOOable! And no, Zoloft and traxene would not affect HIV test results.

So Paul, that means it's WOO-HOO time at the Acropolis tonight! Have an ouzo for me, OK?

Dr. Bob

Previous
unprotected sex vs oral sex
Next
You are not going to respond, right?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.