Nobody believes me....

I was diagnosed with HIV last July, nothing has been the same for me. I was always very careful when having sex and I would (and still do) often get after everyone around me who had unprotected sex. It was one of my ultimate fears to get this or for someone around me to get this. Back in June of 2007 I was at a club and I caught my penis in my zipper. Although I didn't see a tear or blood in the skin I know I did pinch the skin pretty hard. i ended up hooking up with some one who later that night told me he was HIV+ and this was after we had performed oral sex on each other I naturally freaked out and left it at that. 4-5 weeks later the symptoms came and now here I am. Nobody believes me when I say that or when I tell other people "My friend" was infected by oral sex. "My friend" being me Everybody thinks there's got to be more to that story and it really stresses me out! I know I had to have gotten infected that way because I never ever had unprotected sex! and my last 2 sex partners in the last 16 months were virgins. Please talk to me.

Why worry about what other people think or believe? The important fact is that you are now HIV positive and you need to come to grips with that new reality. As I have repeatedly stated in this forum, the HIV-transmission risk from oral sex is very low. However, very low is not completely nonexistent! Just like the chances of winning the lottery are very low, but not completely nonexistent. Often there may be extenuating circumstances. In your case, perhaps it was getting your Sergeant Pepper and the Boys caught in your zipper. OUCHAMAGOUCHA! (Insert total body shiver here.) I'm sure every guy who is reading this is getting a queasy uncomfortable feeling and crossing his legs at this very moment. At any rate, stop trying to convince others of what might have happened. Life only goes in one direction: forward! Don't live in the past. The reality of today as well as the promise of tomorrow is what counts. Consider joining your local ASO (AIDS service organization) to help in their HIV/AIDS awareness and prevention efforts. You'll find you are not alone and truly knowledgeable folks will indeed believe you. I certainly do.

Be well. Stay well.

masturbation (MASTURBATION 2008)
No Question! Just a thanks!