Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Thank you for this forum
May 10, 2008

Dr. Frascino,

I donated $50.00 to your foundation. I know its not much, but I hope maybe it can help a little. I just wanted to thank you for the time you take out for others who may have overblown anxiety at times. I tested a 5 weeks (1 week post pep) rapid test and past...and yesterday I did an 8 month test (7 post pep) elisa test to confirm and received another negative. I assume thats sufficient to convince me that I am negative. Thank you again for this wonderful forum that deliveries truth to people who seek it, as opposed to the rest of the internet which seems to only scare people! Thank you again, and God bless.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Yes, your seven-month post-PEP negative HIV test is definitive and conclusive. WOO-HOO!

Thanks for your kind comments and your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). You may feel $50 is a small drop in the bucket, but for someone in desperate need it can be a tsunami of philanthropy. For instance it only costs 85 cents to treat an HIV-infected pregnant woman in Africa with antiretrovirals to help significantly decrease the chance she will pass the virus onto her baby. Imagine that: 85 cents can potentially save a life! Just "do the math" to see how far your $50 gift can go when appropriately used.

Be well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
HIV Testing
Next
QUESTION FROM DAR ES SALAAM - TANZANIA

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.