How to deal with waiting for the results?

I meet a guy and I let his charm take me out of my elements. I had unprotected sex with him only after knowing him a few months. Durning the encounter I saw myself dying but did nothing. I knew it was wrong.Around the same time of meeting the guy I started a new form of birth ctrl the nuvaring. To make a long story short I watched the movie Life Support and its like I have convinced myself that I have HIV. Looking back I remember experiencing Nausea and headaches it could have been caused by the nuvaring who knows. I just hope that I am given a second chance. This encounter with this guy has taken control of my life. Eventhough I saw myself dying I didn't think about it anymore until I saw the movie. Now I dream about HIV. I am so scard. For the past month I can't sleep, eat, stop crying, concentrate or anything. I got tested today, but now I am afraid to hear the results.I am suppose to be starting a new chapter but with one phone call I can loose it all, my life will be over. I am going through this alone I don't know how to tell my family. What can I do to pass time and stop depressing myself I can't change the results but how can I deal with the waiting?

Counseling may help you confront your guilt and cope with your anxiety over your lapse in judgment. Another technique I find extremely useful in keeping problems in their proper perspective is to volunteer time to help those in desperate need. Consider volunteering at a children's cancer ward or an AIDS hospice. Helping others who are in far worse straits than we are can often help us cope more effectively and more realistically with our problems.

HIV and Follicular NHL
36 hours with HIV