Dr, Bob I'm Still Going Crazy!

Hi Dr. Bob,

I'm turning to you for help again.

Same old story, unprotected blowjob with protected vaginal sex, had chlamydia, syphilis tests 3 months after exposure and HIV test 5 months after, all were negative. Have had pain during urination for 2 years now???? I am still convinced I have some kind of STD, I had a cystoscopy done which was negative, was put on 3 courses of antibiotics for possible prostatitis and still nothing has worked. What can I do? It only hurts at the base of my penis when I urinate and my penis feels a little itchy at the base. I'm running out of options and Urologists to see. I've had too many urinalysis done, should I be getting anymore tests? This STD thing is worrying me.

Thanks for your help

Anonymous

Hello Anonymous,

Being convinced you have an STD and actually having an STD are two completely different things. If you've had multiple urological evaluations, cystoscopy, three courses of antibiotics and "too many urinalyses" and nothing can be found to explain your discomfort on urination and "little itchy," I'd suggest you consider getting a psychological assessment for psychosomatic illness. A therapist may be able to help you come to terms with the fact you don't have an STD. Once you believe that, your symptoms may well evaporate. It's worth a try, because as you state, you're running out of urologists to see!

Why still bareback?
Boyfriend Doesn't Want to Use Condom