Blood in Frozen Foods

Dr. Frascino,

I've been reading your forum for many years. I find it insightful to read and learn from your responses to other people. The mere fact that you take time out of your own schedule to volunteer here says a lot about your admirable character.

Here's my question: I purchased ice cream from a grocery store (Blue Bell) and as I was eating it I noticed a reddish substance on the spoon. I am worried that it may be blood, but if it was it could have been my own. However, if it was not my own, would HIV-infected blood be able to even survive inside of the ice cream which was kept in a commercial-grade freezer?

Thank you....By the way, I can't wait till Dubya gets the boot. We need Mr. Obama to come in and change things up!

Best Wishes,

Fan of Forum for 5 years

You've been reading the forum for five years and you're still worried about contracting HIV from your Bohemian Raspberry Double Swirl low-fat Fro-Yo? Apparently you've only been reading the kinky sex questions now haven't you? Go ahead, admit it! Relax Fan. HIV would not survive in your Ben and Jerry's, OK? Hey, did you save a scoop for me?

Obama rules!

Donations to your foundation
HIV and healthcare workers