Worry about HIV

Dear Mr. Robert,

Allow me to be the first to congratulate you on your services.

I had unprotected sex in the year of 2004, after one year i had tested for HIV status, came back to negative.

I had sex with 12 Partners with Condom (2 Times oral-unprotected). Again I was checked my status of HIV, it's came back to negative.

Last encounter happend in 06-04-2008. Now I am feels like fever,tired. I am very aniexty about HIV.

I would like to Donate to your foundation.

Shall I wait for three months for HIV test or otherwise?

Please reply Dr.

Your last sexual encounter was 06-04-2008??? Hmm . . . June 2008? Perhaps you are "back from the future" or are just planning to get lucky that night or even more likely you meant 2007? Whatever.

To address your question, I would definitely suggest "otherwise!"

First, I should clarify something about the three-month window period for obtaining an accurate conclusive HIV test result. The three months are counted from the time of your last potential HIV exposure, not the onset of "symptoms." In your case, if your exposure was 06-04-2007, the window period would end 09-04-2007. Consequently, you could be accurately tested 09-04-2007 or anytime thereafter.

Regarding your HIV risk, assuming the latex condom was used properly and did not break, your risk would be limited to oral sex, which carries only a very low potential risk. Symptoms, such as fever and feeling tired, are very nonspecific.

My advice is simple:

1. Get a rapid HIV test now to put your unwarranted HIV fears and "aniexty" permanently to rest. I'm quite confident the test results will be negative.

2. Spend some time reading through the wealth of information on this site related to how HIV is and is not transmitted.

3. Get psychological counseling to help you confront your irrational fears of HIV.

Thank you for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation. Donation information for the foundation can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org. In return I'll send you my good-luck karma that your definitive HIV test remains negative.

Does self sodomy cause AIDS?
Does size matter?