How to donate? Please answer me

Hi Dr. Bob I would like to say thanks for working hard for many people. I love the things that you have done. I am a man from Thailand. I had unprotected oral sex with an American man(unknow his status on HIV) about 5 mins in June 2007. Next day, I had anti-hiv test as the based line. The result was borderline by Elisa and negative by rapid test. A doctor decided to give me PEP for 28 days. After stopped PEP (one month after oral sex), I had PCR-RNA and Elisa test the result were both negative. I know it is stupid to have the tests in this time. After stopped PEP two months (3 months after oral sex), I had Elisa test so the result was negative. After stopped PEP 3 months, I had Elisa test so the result was negative. In this time I decided to test Hepatitis B and C. the result for Hep B was negative but Hep C was weakly positive. My doctor wanted me to test HCV PCR and the result was negative by HCV PCR-RNA.

After stopped Pep 5 months (6 months after oral sex) I had anti-hiv test, Hep B and C all came up Negative.

After stopped Pep 6 months (7 months after oral sex) I had PCR DNA test for HIV. I was Negative. After stopped Pep 8 months(9 months after oral sex) I had anti-hiv test. The result was negative.

I would like to ask u that 1. Could I feel WOO-HOO? 2. Why a doctor in the body said that for some people who received post-exposure prophylaxis, some feel testing should be done out to 12 months, as the treatment may delay seroconversion. Should I have anti-hiv test at 12 months after exposure again? 3. Is it possible I could get inflect Hep C that cause my seroconvert delay? Please answer me 4. Am I far from any sexual desiease? 5. Could you please tell me how to donate for your organization?

First of all, I strongly disagree with the determination that you ever needed PEP! Oral sex carries an extremely small risk for HIV transmission at best. The "borderline ELISA" and negative rapid test taken the day after your five minutes of oral sex have absolutely nothing to do with the oral-sex episode and merely established your status as HIV negative. PEP is not warranted for five minutes of unprotected oral sex with a partner of unknown status!

Next, your follow-up post-PEP HIV tests have been excessive and largely unwarranted. The guidelines indicate a follow-up antibody test at three and six months is all that is warranted. PCR testing (RNA or DNA) is not warranted. I don't know what you mean when you mention your hepatitis C test was "weakly positive," but if the HCV PCR-RNA was negative, you do not have hepatitis C.

To specifically address your questions:

1. Yes, you've been WOO-HOOable for quite some time!

2. I cannot explain other people's comments; you'll have to ask them. As for additional HIV testing, no, absolutely not! You've had way too many tests already.

3. No. Your definitive hepatitis C test is negative.

4. Your tests clearly indicate you do not have HIV, hepatitis B or hepatitis C.

5. Donation information to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org. We accept credit cards, PayPal, checks, cash, planes, spacecraft, family jewels, gold teeth and just about anything else!

Be well. (Yes, you are indeed well.)

Physician with probable HIV infection
Making out with stranger?