I TRUST YOUR ANSWER MORE THAN A TEST

Dr.Bob,

I guess you won't answer but I will ask anyway...

I sucked a guy's toe and then found something unusual under his nail. It looks quite likely to be blood but I am not sure how old those blood was. My question is: is this possible for my saliva to have touched the blood clot and somehow I swallowed the liquid? Am I at risk? I don't remember any fresh blood coming out but what if the clot was new blood?

I searched from the old record and noticed a doctor saying only vaginal, anal and oral sex carries risk of HIV transmission. Others are theoretical only. Is this also your stance?

How do you evaluate my risk?

Sorry for my poor English. I hope I have made myself clear.

All the best to you, Dr.Bob

You sucked out "something unusual" from under a guy's toenail??? Ick! Aside from the unappetizing nature of your snack, your HIV risk is negligible to nonexistent. If you remain worried, you can get a single rapid HIV test at the three-month mark to put any residual (and unwarranted) fears permanently to rest.

Finally, what's this nonsense about your trusting my answer more than a test? Don't be a silly willy. A negative FDA-approved HIV-antibody test performed outside the testing window is the gold standard. I'm merely a wise-assed cyber sexpert providing science-based advice with the occasional (OK, more than occasional) side order of twisted rhetorical humor and political commentary.

hello doctor
WIF