hi

Hi there am 25 yrs also gay and live in the caribbean. I've been hiv+ for 3yrs now and always been single since but lately my hormones have been acting up after all i am human so my question is could i ever have sex again in my life? should i? and can you give me some guildelines as to how i can do this if my parnter is hiv -?

Do you really live in the Caribbean or on the former planet Pluto? Information about safer sex techniques to decrease the risk of HIV transmission has been available for almost your entire life. How can it be that you know absolutely nothing about it? You obviously have Internet access since you are writing to me and you obviously read and write English. So why is it that a full three years after your HIV-positive diagnosis you are still wondering if you can ever have sex again???

To quickly address your questions:

1. Can you have sex? Yes, of course. (I've been HIV positive since 1991 and I have sex nearly every day.)

2. Should you have sex? Absolutely. It's not only physically and mentally healthy for you to do so; it also feels great!

3. As for safer sex guidelines, this information is readily available. The basic rule is use a latex or polyurethane condom for all penetrative sex. I'd suggest you read through the information in the archives of this forum and on its related links. We have whole chapters devoted to HIV-sexual transmission, HIV prevention, oral sex and safer sexual techniques. Check it out! Write back if you have specific questions after that, OK?

STD ratios for college
INDETERMINATE RESULTS