Risks

Hello Dr Frascino... I know you often talk about couples in which one is hiv+ and how they should discuss what risks may be acceptable to each other. I'm hiv+, and undetectable. I recently met this beautiful young man who I am completely crazy for. We get along in and out of bed. In bed, we practice safe sex by using condoms or gloves for fisting. There is one question I have. He won't let me finger him because of my status. How much of a risk is it if I were not to use gloves? It's not that I want to persuade him otherwise, but I simply never considered my finger to pose a danger to anyone before. I will always respect his wishes, but I just wanted to find out more information about this act.

Thanks!

Fingering is not considered an HIV-transmission risk, assuming the skin on the fingers that are doing the exploring of the nether regions is intact. However, I absolutely agree you should "always respect his wishes." Should your relationship continue and grow, the sexual boundaries and comfort zones may well increase.

PEP and Odds
In the heat of the moment