thanks Bob. quick follow up..

Hi there thank you for your resoponse to my original query. (had an exposure of vaginal fluid to a cut) You make things very easy to digest, thanks for being so on the level. its so refreshing and different. I finally got round to my donation and I apologise it is only 20 but I pledge to continue to donate.

I took the PCR DNA at 2 weeks and it was negative. Oral tests were negative too. I will follow up of course.

I need to ask though - my feeling of malaise has been present for nearly 3 weeks.. it is just a run down feeling. and last night I had hot flushes and soem clamminess on the forehead. had to lie down as I felt a bit ill... have on and off testicle pain too. oh man. I know symptoms are no good. God, I should just go away and get on with things ... if you have time (though I appreciate if you do not I would like to shoot 2 questions past ya - 1 - the DNA PCR. hmmm.... ? your opinion.. 2 - these prolonged symptoms of mine? (sorry! I just want to hear your take (dont we all on here..) ok, am making time to read all threads too - so forgive me if there is repitition right now - its been tricky getting to all topics. thanks for putting yourself out there like this. I admire.

I have addressed both your concerns many, many times in this forum. Consequently I'll respond only very briefly and refer you to the archives for more detailed information if needed.

1. PCR testing (DNA or RNA) is generally not recommended for routine HIV screening due to the rate of false-positives, other technical consideration and cost. Current guidelines continue to recommend HIV-antibody testing at three months.

2. Symptoms are notoriously unreliable in predicting who is and is not HIV infected.

Part Two...Can I Yoo Hoo Woo Hoo it now?
Want a baby, discordant couple