Part Two...Can I Yoo Hoo Woo Hoo it now?

Well Doc, I obviously didn't woo hoo when you advised. I continued to sweat it out for the last two months until yesterday when I went to a local clinic and got the oral swab once again. Big surprise that it was negative. I was certain that I was one of the 1-3% who seroconvert after three months. Within an hour the doubt and the dread came back...what if the Oraquick Advanced Oral test really doesn't work...after all, don't most doctors advise a blood test? $65 later at the CVS I went out to my car and collected a sample for the Home Access. I just got off the phone and was surprised again by the negative result. However, the machine which gave me my result also advises that any exposure within 6 months warrants another test in 6 months (not exactyl comforting to the Worried Well, let me tell you). Do they not have faith in their product? I suppose my final question is this: Can I WOO HOO it now, after 25weeks and 5 days, or should I follow the advice of the machine and test again in six more months?

Best regards,

Rich

Hello Rich,

Since I advised you to WOO-HOO quite some time ago (see below), do you really think I would change my mind now that you've had additional (unwarranted and excessive) HIV testing out to 25 weeks and 5 days?

Rich, I now have two pieces of advice for you:

1. Stop testing and start WOO-HOOing.

2. Get psychological or psychiatric help for your irrational fears. I tend to doubt they will subside without professional help.

Reliability of Oraquick Advanced Oral Swabs Feb 22, 2008

Evening Dr. Bob, 4 months ago I gave oral to another male, anonomous, there was no ejaculation but I have been worried since about exposure to prec*m. I tested using the Oraquick Advanced at 24days, 84 days, and 108 days--all negative reactivity. Should I continue to test out to 6 months, or can I YOO HOO it from here?

Best Regards,

Rich

Hi Rich,

"YOO-HOO?" Sounds like you're knocking on someone's front door and inquiring if anyone is home.

Regarding your repeatedly negative tests out to 108 days, WOO-HOO!!! Or YABBA-DABBA-DOO. Whichever you prefer.

Symptoms mean nothing
thanks Bob. quick follow up..