Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Part Two...Can I Yoo Hoo Woo Hoo it now?
Apr 29, 2008

Well Doc, I obviously didn't woo hoo when you advised. I continued to sweat it out for the last two months until yesterday when I went to a local clinic and got the oral swab once again. Big surprise that it was negative. I was certain that I was one of the 1-3% who seroconvert after three months. Within an hour the doubt and the dread came back...what if the Oraquick Advanced Oral test really doesn't work...after all, don't most doctors advise a blood test? $65 later at the CVS I went out to my car and collected a sample for the Home Access. I just got off the phone and was surprised again by the negative result. However, the machine which gave me my result also advises that any exposure within 6 months warrants another test in 6 months (not exactyl comforting to the Worried Well, let me tell you). Do they not have faith in their product? I suppose my final question is this: Can I WOO HOO it now, after 25weeks and 5 days, or should I follow the advice of the machine and test again in six more months?

Best regards,

Rich

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Rich,

Since I advised you to WOO-HOO quite some time ago (see below), do you really think I would change my mind now that you've had additional (unwarranted and excessive) HIV testing out to 25 weeks and 5 days?

Rich, I now have two pieces of advice for you:

1. Stop testing and start WOO-HOOing.

2. Get psychological or psychiatric help for your irrational fears. I tend to doubt they will subside without professional help.

Dr. Bob

Reliability of Oraquick Advanced Oral Swabs Feb 22, 2008

Evening Dr. Bob, 4 months ago I gave oral to another male, anonomous, there was no ejaculation but I have been worried since about exposure to prec*m. I tested using the Oraquick Advanced at 24days, 84 days, and 108 days--all negative reactivity. Should I continue to test out to 6 months, or can I YOO HOO it from here?

Best Regards,

Rich

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Rich,

"YOO-HOO?" Sounds like you're knocking on someone's front door and inquiring if anyone is home.

Regarding your repeatedly negative tests out to 108 days, WOO-HOO!!! Or YABBA-DABBA-DOO. Whichever you prefer.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Symptoms mean nothing
Next
thanks Bob. quick follow up..

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.