Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Party Risk
Apr 26, 2008

hi, right to the point then... This was really stupid I know, but recently I attended a party with about 100 guest and had way too many drinks. After I was passed out sooo many men had anal sex with me. My very BEST friend, who did nothing to help me, said a lot of older guys were taking turns on me and no one used condoms...yuck. I was a virgin and wanted to stay that way. Now im really worried. I cant sleep for worrying. I dont even know who these men were. My mom doesnt know and I dont want to tell her. My friend said I was so drunk anyway the alcohol in my blood would have killed any virus. Is that true? Im 14 years old and dont have much money or any free clinics in my area. Do I really need to worry about HIV?

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Unfortunately yes, you do need to worry. Alcohol in your blood would not prevent HIV infection and unprotected anal receptive sex carries the highest risk for acquiring the virus. I'm not sure this post is real or not. If not, shame on you! You should not be wasting my time. If it is real, shame on those who assaulted you. I strongly advise you tell Mother of what happened and see a physician for an evaluation for sexually transmitted diseases without delay! You should also contact the authorities, as sex with a minor is a crime that carries very stiff penalties. You may not know the names of the men at the party, but chances are you and your friend know where the party was held and you can begin tracking the guest list that way. If you're having difficulty telling your mom or the authorities, merely show them this post and my response. They will help you from there.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Elisa Results +ve and reactive (FALSE POSITIVE ELISA AND PREGNANCY)
Next
IS IT TIME TO GIVE UP SEARCHING FOR A VACCINE?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.