Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

bangkok 10 years ago
Apr 26, 2008

I visited Bangkok on a business trip 10 years ago and had a brief encounter with a bar girl. she washed before hand and i wore a condom. I had insertive intercourse for about 2mins then got scared and pulled out so she then sucked me off without a condom. Returning home I felt ill (jet lag?) Anyway, got tested in London 3 months later and i was HIV negative, they said they found a NSU infection from the swab but nothing else. Now I was happy with that thank god as I was getting married and that would not have been a good start. I carried on with my life and thought thats that, never again will I do that to myself. got married and have never been with anyone else in the past 10 years. Mt question is i have some strange things happening in my body over the years and I am now paranoid that the results were wrong. I have very bad reactions to dental surgey (extraction,apicetomy), adult acne which came on 2 years after the encounter, never really had acne before (only on my back), Im now on omeprazole for gerd, I have a stiff neck and pain, and prickly feeling in my finger and toes along with a crawling sensation which I have had for years. I have been diagnosed with atypical facial pain(due to the apicectomy)and IBS ,no test done. I have a candidal infection in the groin area since last year, comes and goes but the lastest cream seams to be working.I also suffer from a mild itch skin mainly shins (no rash) I get dizzy and tired easily from time to time and the neck feels like swollen glands, but i cant feel anything. The big question is do you think i need to get tested again???

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Do I think you need a repeat HIV test? No, certainly not for diagnostic purposes. However, if a repeat test will efficiently and effectively put your unwarranted worries permanently to rest, it may be worth the time, money and effort. I'd suggest a single rapid HIV test. The results will be available in as few as 20 minutes.

Good luck!

Dr. Bob

Previous
pcp transmission?
Next
Risk of Poz Pre-cume

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.