Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Am I too worried or not?
Apr 26, 2008

Ciao Dr. Frascino,

in a recent trip to South America with some friends one week ago we ended up in a strippers club... well, after some drinks i've decided to have sex with one of the strip girls there... we have had unprotected oral sex for about 2 minutes and after that protected vaginal. I have read some of the old posts where it has been said that the risk is minimum but what worries me is the fact that i had urine infection by the time and i am not sure whether this would be an extra risk or not? I am married with two kids and just the possibility of imagining my wife getting something made me to tell her everything... this was tough!!! The next one is to wait the 3 months to get tested, i am going crazy with that... am i too worried or my concerns are not justified?

Greetings from Europe and success, your work is really great.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Are you "too worried" or are your "concerns not justified"????? I'd say both! Your HIV risk is unprotected oral sex. This carries a very, very minimal HIV-transmission risk. The urinary tract infection would not affect your HIV risk. I'm glad you leveled with your wife. I know it was difficult, but it was the right thing to do. I also agree with your decision to get HIV tested at the three-month mark. However, please note the odds are astronomically on your side that you did not contract HIV from this walk on the wild side in a South American Badda Bing. So don't "go crazy" and don't be "too worried." I'm fairly certain all will turn out well.

Ciao for now, but write back when you get your results so we can WOO-HOO together, OK?

Dr. Bob

Previous
massage
Next
just diagnosed-best friend stopped talking

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.