preoccupato

Caro Dottore: I really worry. I am a noncircumsized male in late 40s. I practice full abstinence and my latest HIV test 3 years after my latest sexual exposure turned out to be negative. But I still have HIV symptoms: 1) low body temperature 2) some discomfort in urethra 3) no sexual desire 4) low appetite 5) mild headache 6) herpes on the upper lip that stayed 3 days and then submerged Do you think that I still have HIV which was dormant all these years and now found the way to wake up? Please answer Grazie Jacobo from Rome

Buon giorno Jacobo di Roma,

A negative HIV test three years after your last potential exposure is definitive and conclusive. You are HIV negative. The symptoms you report are not suggestive of or worrisome for HIV disease. I see absolutely no reason for you to be worried, let alone "preoccupato," about HIV. HIV is definitely not your problem.

Do I think you have dormant HIV that recently found the way to wake up? No, absolutely not. Your fears and worries are completely unwarranted.

Be well. Stay well.

RE very worried in the UK
Safe Sex and HIV (CONDOMS) (CONDOM EFFICACY)