|Zoster vaccine for 60+ year olds
Apr 23, 2008
Hi, Dr. Bob - wondered if and when we aging HIV+ folks can get the zoster vaccine. All my HIV_ friends are getting it these days, and I am keen to avoid this nasty disease if possible. Any studies or info out yet? Thanks - Bob, MD (Paris)
| Response from Dr. Frascino
Live virus or live bacteria vaccines, with the exception of measles-mumps-rubella (MMR) should never be given to individuals with HIV infection. Live vaccines include BCG, oral polio vaccine, oral typhoid vaccine (ty21a), Varicella-zoster vaccine and yellow fever vaccine.
Paris, eh? Lucky you! J'adore cette ville magnifique!
A bientôt Robert,
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Urethra After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Cold Feet After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Spots After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Precum Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- A List Of All The Names Of Medicines For Std
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.